DX  » Community » Reviews » MEIKE 5500K 32-LED White Macro Ring Flash Light for Canon DSLR (4 x AA)
Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:676 (67%)
  • 4 Star:333 (33%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great MACRO flash.

posted by Elektro84 on 03/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good product, very well made, good quality and solid material. Recycle time is great, and there isn’t any noise (I saw much more expensive flashes that make more noises then light). It is great flash for macro photography, or even close up portrait. Bigger ...
    Cons:
    On first sight battery door looks like a problem, but for now they work very well. Anyway, it would be better to be gentle with...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good tool

posted by teifspa on 03/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    features of left, right half , continuous light, dimmability are good. I tried it on a 50mm lens with a long extension tube and it does a good work also at a centimeter from the object.
    Cons:
    a bit noisy when the continuous light is reduced of power. some difficulties to close the battery door with the batteries on. p...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a lot of light for reasonable price

posted by stnzx on 03/07/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    A lot of light and a lot of adapter rings, so it fits on most common lenses up to 77mm. I found no vignetting on the 50mm lenses till now, and battery life is more than reasonable MEIKE 5500K 32-LED White Macro Ring Flash Light for Canon DSLR (4 x AA) has...
    Cons:
    sometimes a bit of reflection onto the lens It is a bit small, your 85mm lens needs a bigger flashgun
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Impressive

posted by Dogboy88k on 11/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works both as a flash (shutter button activated) and constant light. White colour to my eye. I needed to remove my UV filter to get the mounting ring threaded to the lens. But after that, very easy to put on and take off. Multiple levels of brightness
    Cons:
    Shame I cant put a filter on as well as the mounting ring. The mounting ring is plastic, so I gather putting a thread to screw ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for catch lights

posted by black7np on 07/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap Batteries last a long time Good power for LEDs A breeze to pop on and off Good build quality
    Cons:
    Not strong enough for macro key lighting Diffusion is not great so you see lots of little dots
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great photographers tool

posted by circuitzolder on 05/23/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    easy to use simple to attach fits to all sizes of lenses light can be on for video Well built lightweight batteries last relatively long almost white light
    Cons:
    missing flash defuser 77mm lens you'll get a silhouette aroud the edges.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Interesting toy for very low price

posted by Ciunot on 03/15/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Well built, lightweight, easy to use, batteries last relatively long, almost white light, useful for the purpose in some regards even better than a real ring flash, very chip comparing to the real ones, doesn't need TTL measuring, as a matter of fact has it...
    Cons:
    Not enough bright so that must be used with high ISO settings, at least ISO 400 if used with APS or full format sensor camera c...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works well - but be warned

posted by CanadianJames on 11/30/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The light is surprisingly bright I would gauge that it's consistent up to 3 feet. Which for a macro light isn't something you'd expect. Bonus! easy to operate.
    Cons:
    Even though it'll fit up to a 77mm lens you'll get a silhouette of the unit around the edges. It seems anything above 58mm will...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Suprisingly impressive

posted by sorbit on 10/14/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Surprisingly good quality Even, consistent lighting Multi-lens size adapters Easy to setup, attach/un-attach Convenient to transport
    Cons:
    Only wishful thinking here: it would be nice to have finer light level control, beyond the 7 pre-set levels.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections