DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz Wireless 2.4" LCD Digital Baby Monitor with Night Vision Surveillance Camera
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
great product – 2.4GHz Wireless 2.4" LCD Digital Baby Monitor with Night Vision Surveillance Camera Reviews

posted by lagjazz on 11/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Very strong signal anywhere in my house, when I put the camera on the second floor, and I have full signal in my basement.
Good picture quality, video is smooth and clear, night vision is gray scale but pretty clear.
Sound quality is good, very low background noise level, I like the two way talk feature.
The VOX (monitor activated by motion/sound) feature works great, so when there is no movement or sound detected, the monitor will turn itself off, and you can select the sensitivity level (Low or High)
Cons:
The build of the monitor is okay but not very solid, the clip/stand on the back of the monitor became loose after few use.
The manual is overall okay but it doesn't cover all features in the menu.
Other:
I have been using it for about a month now, would wonder how long this thing will last, the build of the monitor is not very solid but light and feels a little cheap and the cables are thin and small, so I would not expect it will last for a very long time.
Bottomline:
Works great as a baby monitor, doesn't have the annoying background noise from those analog baby monitors, picture quality is good, signal is strong, night vision works fine.
But don't expect it will last for ever.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections