DX  » Community » Reviews » T6 XML-T6 3-Mode 900-Lumen White LED Bike Light with Battery Pack Set
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
The best bike light i have ever bought... – T6 XML-T6 3-Mode "1200-Lumen" White LED Bike Light with Battery Pack Set Reviews

posted by elite777halo on 07/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The light itself is as big as the palm of your hand. I was quite shocked that the light is so small. I took this light out for a spin at dusk on the SOS setting to test the brightness. It lit up every single street sign in its path. Although this light (like other lights of its kind) has a concentrated bright spot, you do not need a diffuser because the concentrated area is wide enough to light the footpath in front of you for at least 50 meters. This light also has a wide angle of illumination. If you get hit by a car at night, who is pulling out onto the road you are on, they cannot say that they did not see you. The button on the back of the light illuminates brightly with different colors depending on how much power is in the battery. The battery lasts a long time on a single charge (full brightness). The charger has a red and green LED indicating the charging status. The aluminium body makes for a great heatsink extracting the heat from the LED, ensuring a long working life.
Cons:
I personally believe that O-rings are not a suitable way to hold the light to your handlebars, as the rubber can become brittle over time and break. The piece which grips onto the handlebars is plastic, not rubber so there is a chance the light could get displaced when going over rocky terrain. It would be better if this light came with an attachment you put on the bike and a clipping mechanism on the light itself to provide ease of access (in terms of attaching and detaching) and so that the light is not as prone to angling up and down loosely on the handlebars.
Other:
The title is misleading in the sense that it states the brightness to be at 1200 Lumens. The box states that the brightness is 900 Lumens, but this cannot really be called a con as this light beats any other light on the market, hands down. 900 Lumens is still VERY bright, and you will easily be able to see at night and be noticed by vehicles. It is not much use spending about $75 on a magicshine light when it is only a few Lumens brighter. For all of you that do not know, the SOS function on this light is basically rapid flashing at 900 Lumens (more than enough to attract the attention of EVERYONE on the roads and footpaths). I unscrewed the plastic fastening piece on the bottom of the light and replaced it with the one from my old cheap light because it has a locking mechanism and a separate attachment which is on my bike. I can now clip the light onto my bike and feel confident that as I am riding it won't fall off. There is an average amount of heat in the beam of light emitted.
Bottomline:
This light is the best light I have ever bought. It is money well spent, and I would recommend this light to ANYONE who is looking to spend small for a bright light. No store where I live has anything remotely as good as this. This is definitely one of the best things I bought on DX. I am very pleased.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections