DX  » Community » Reviews » MR16 3W 3500K 270-Lumen 3-LED Warm White Light Bulb (12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great replacement for 30W halogen – MR16 3W 3500K 270-Lumen 3-LED Warm White Light Bulb (12V) Reviews

posted by ofsilence on 10/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Cheap! Its color is warm, somewhere in the middle between 2700K and 4200K CFL - the most comfortable for me. Light is somewhat focused - the beam on the floor is about 1.5 meters.
Cons:
Doesn't have the background spill. Not a con for most applications.
Other:
Very good cooling is provided by the heatsink. It gets only a bit warm. illuminance, in my setup: 30W halogen 90 lux this lamp 120-140 lux depending on distance from the center of the beam. takes 320ma from regulated 12V source = 3.8W. Taking into account driver efficiency (yes, this bulb has regulated driver, also it works good with AC), leds should work at 1W each - shouldn't be overdriven = long lifetime.
Bottomline:
Very good (and cheap!) replacement for 30W, of even 50W halogen. Energy economy is almost ten times! I am buying 40 of them after I tested the one I bought. The only thing should be taken into account - LED lamps work not very well with electronic transformers (main reason - very low comsumpting current.)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections