DX  » Community » Reviews » 12V 1A Regulated Switching Power Supply (110~220V)
Sort by:
5 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:804 (80%)
  • 4 Star:201 (20%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Used to power a RGB led strip.

posted by JoaoRibas on 03/01/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very small alluminum case. Mine came regulated to 11.99V, for me thats pretty good. I tested it with a 700mA led load, powered from 127V and from 220V, no drop at the output voltage. The heating was moderate at 700mA, after 30min you could still hold it in ...
    Cons:
    The board is fixed with only one screw to the case, so you the region of the terminals is floating inside the case, therefore y...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I like this product

posted by lorenzog91 on 02/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works very well, does not heat up, and the tension is adjustable and stable. Not bulky and easily removable. In French: Fonctionne tres bien, ne chauffe pas, et la tension est réglable et stable. Pas encombrante et facilement démontable.
    Cons:
    Considering the price ... Nothing wrong. In French: Etant donné le prix... rien a redire.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for the price

posted by smints on 11/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Relatively inexpensive, and a useful product for DIY projects or replacement of power modules. Easy to use, decent (but a bit short) available (nominal) power. There should be no problems with heat dissipation.
    Cons:
    None that I’m aware of, as long as you treat it carefully, because voltage adjustment is a bit fragile and the variable resisto...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice 1A Power Supply

posted by FredericoRamos on 05/14/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very nice power supply. The output voltage can be ajusted above and below 12V by a trimpot. There is a green led that indicates power on. The case has lots of cooling holes.
    Cons:
    At $5,00 It is not so pricy but could be cheaper. The size could be smaller too.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good and cheap

posted by Mirkovich on 10/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Has inner fuse (so it's safe to connect it without an external one). - Metallic case. - Has ground-chasis pin. - The PCB has a cut that isolates input and output sections. Only 3 components connect each side: the main transformer, an optocoupler and wh...
    Cons:
    Case is cheap. - The holes in the case didn't match the screwes that need to be adjusted, but nothing really hard to work it o...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections