DX  » Community » Reviews » MAGPUL MS2 Multi-function Tactical Single/Two-Point Gun Sling with Alloy Mount - Army Green
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Mostly Good – MAGPUL MS2 Multi-function Tactical Single/Two-Point Gun Sling with Alloy Mount - Army Green Reviews

posted by akunev on 12/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-Faithful copy of the Magpul MS2 sling
-Quick-adjust strap slides easily, stays in place when set
-Buckles and webbing are all solid (even the plastic one). The sling supports an AR or equivalent-weight rifle comfortably
-As usual, great price compared to the real thing
Cons:
-On mine, the lock for the front attachment clip was extremely loose; it pivots back and forth freely with almost no effort. This means that the front jaws can (and do) pop open if the clip gets bumped by the rifle, or bumps against some gear.
I might have just received a defective one, but I'll need to modify the pivot pin so that there is a lot more friction, because the sling is quite unreliable without the front lock engaged. Having your sling detach and your rifle fall on the ground is a good way to break an expensive optic or damage your gun.
Other:
-The sling works particularly well with Magpul's ASAP receiver endplate. It would be cool if DX found a supplier who makes these as well. Otherwise, any endplate attachment point works fine.
Bottomline:
-Good sling overall. The loose locking mechanism is the one thing that really brings this sling down (since it's a critical component), but your mileage may vary.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections