Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:759 (75%)
  • 4 Star:253 (25%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Greant quality product

posted by laureanoarcanio on 04/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great built quality, strong materials. It does have batteries included so you can use it out of the box. I found it really good and easy to use. It's also a small tool so you can easily transport it.
    Cons:
    Wires aro not so good quality, instructions are really basic you need general electric knowledge to understand what this tool c...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality

posted by lsgimenes on 03/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good build quality, easy to use, accuracy is reasonable, large display with large digits, easy to read.
    Cons:
    It is a little smaller than it appears in the photo, practically the size of the hand. Presents a bit of bad-contact plugs in t...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great tool for non professionals

posted by dunkiper on 03/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - It's a great tool to check the Amperage of an AC circuit. It's the main usage. - With its 3 range of amperage you can do it with small amperage circuits to the big ones, until 400A - Also useful for mesuring voltage and resistance
    Cons:
    - It's poor quality made. plastic. - the clamp it's not so wide so it's difficult sometimes to clamp correctly on a wire too bi...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Seems well worth the price

posted by findlaypc on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's a very simple meter, and can measure current with either the included probes or with the attached clamp. It appears to be sufficiently accurate for my purposes.
    Cons:
    Does feel cheap, but then just about all handheld digital meters feel cheap (including Fluke and Wavetek) if they don't have a ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Solid and cheap

posted by ioKKon on 06/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Nicely made and seems to be strong enough. also quite ergonomic. Feels as tough as meters costing 10x as much. I liked it so much I bought a set of leads that cost me more than this meter, to replace the cheap leads that come with it.
    Cons:
    No DC current measure.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and Usable

posted by Reddog33 on 01/18/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very good price. Dropped it a few times and it's still in one piece. It uses 2 low cost AA batteries, which are easyier to replace than the 9 volt ones (that you usualy find in these things).
    Cons:
    Realy insensitive. At best it have 0.1A precision so it cant read measure low currents. Since most people wont use it to measur...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cool

posted by nicgravel on 09/11/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This device is smaller that what I expected (good things :-p ). Very easy to use, the display is enough big and easy to read. The clamp look to be a good one, not so cheap.
    Cons:
    The leads are very cheap, but who care about the lead on a clamp multimeter ;-)
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice toy.

posted by Digix on 03/13/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very good price. Only clamp transformer addon costs more. It uses 2 low cost batteries instead of expensive 9v ones. That also should make them last much longer. Nicely made and seems to be strong enough. also quite ergonomic.
    Cons:
    Cant measure low currents. At best it have 0.1A precision. That is not good for most cases. Useless High current ranges, since ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good solid meter

posted by mike99 on 02/24/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Feels as tough as meters costing 10x as much. I liked it so much I bought a set of leads that cost me more than this meter, to replace the cheap leads that come with it. I've compared accuracy against a meter costing more than 10x as much.
    Cons:
    Included leads are cheap. Had to use a knife to modify plugs of new professonial set.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice

posted by bbf1237 on 01/12/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Perfectly built (only the dial needs some force, but feels reliably). Fast beeper.
    Cons:
    Has no DC current range..
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections