• Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Good for a start – D193 Beginner 1 Gun Tattoo Complete Kit Reviews

posted by galissea on 03/25/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The biggest advantage, obviously, is the price. Everything that you get for that price is more than enough. The gun seems solid and it is stable when used. The power supply is easy to use. The needle grips are not metal like they are supposed to be bur rubber-like ones which makes the machine lighter and easier to use.
Cons:
The DVD has bad quality and doesn’t explain well the use of the tattoo gun which, I believe, is crucial when it comes down to beginners. I had to replace the power cord because US plugs are not used in my country. The gloves were too big for my hands (though I believe this is because I am a girl) and made it difficult to work and also their sterility levels are questionable. All the needles were large and can be used mainly for filling in and shading but not for lining.
Other:
The first tattoo I made was on myself and the ink peeled off because at the beginning I failed to place the needle right. So far, the second tattoo looks good though the ink quality will show later on. It is important to have someone to teach you how to do this if possible because it is responsible job to tattoo other people.
Bottomline:
This is great if you are a newbie at tattooing and just want something cheap to help you practice. However, if you’ve decided to seriously take up tattooing, you’ll need to buy separate tattoo guns and more qualitative supplies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections