• Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    fits TI84, but...

posted by 00008 on 09/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I didn't use it for what it was meant for, I needed a 2.5mm stereo connector for my TI84+. Almost no connector fits that calculator as the the space is real tight. This one does (but only barely). You can not use it as a 2.5mm to 3.5mm for the TI84+, it is ...
    Cons:
    it could be a little sturdier... Not a problem for me, as I took it apart anyway. But the cable easily breaks. Just don't abuse...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Servo revieuw

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's a good servo, it comes with al necessary bits and screws and even the original packaging. It's cheap (you can find 'm cheaper elsewhere, but that wont include shipping, so if you only need one... get it here) Quality is o.k. too. Just don't overload it.
    Cons:
    none, but i need 500 chars... Uhm, maybe if you don't like the blue color that's a con. But I like it.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Can indeed withstand high temperatures, even the glue. Won't melt if you hold a soldering iron to it. Perfect for insulating lipo battery terminals etc. It's cheaper from DX then when bought locally.
    Cons:
    It's tape, what can go wrong with that? O.K, its a little mallformed in shipping. Just a little, and it comes all the way from...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IR LED

posted by 00008 on 08/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    These are IR led's, just nothing wrong with them. Some are brighter than others, but the all work good enough. If you need bright ones you can select them as you get a pack of 20.
    Cons:
    no cons. Common, its an LED! Might have the wrong wavelength for your aplication though. These emit a faint red light, but work...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Flimsy, but cheap

posted by 00008 on 08/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Fits the Picoo Z (and most likely about every other small helicopter) Works OK Easy to replace
    Cons:
    Flimsy! realy flimsy! Fly carefully, don't stress it to much when replacing, and expect some of them broken due to rough handli...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    USB-RS232 adapter review

posted by 00008 on 07/07/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    PCB can be easily shifted out of the enclosure, so it is easy to access its inner electronics (this is handy for those people that build their own electronic "things") Still it is sturdy enough for those people that don't want to do electronics an...
    Cons:
    It is a bit dusty, some dirt on the connectors etc. The cable that came with it is absolutely rubbish. It is to cheaply made, t...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Spec's incorrect, but good laser, and very cheap

posted by 00008 on 04/07/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It is cheap, it is small, it already has wires attached, it works (but on 10mA, not on 5). Build quality is quite good. If you have a use for it, and know how to use it, buy it! I have tested it on 1 to 10mA, and it doesn't burn or get hot. On 10mA it is ab...
    Cons:
    I tested it, and it doesn't give a bright dot at 5mA or less. On 10mA it works fine, and drops around 2V. You cant focus it. Th...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections