• Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent price, ok quality

posted by 961sparky on 11/17/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great price, ok quality - works well in most XP and Win 7 computers I've tried. I usually use these to load ROMs for DS cards. Cards go in a little tight but I figure it makes for a better connection and if you put them in your pocket they are less likely t...
    Cons:
    Has about a 1 in 10 failure rate straight out of the box. I usually buy 10+ at a time so its not a problem to just toss the fau...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fair value for a housing for the DS lite

posted by 961sparky on 11/16/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Nice glossy finish to the case, The Call of Duty design had a good amount of detail. Buttons had a good fit and feel. Boys love showing this DS lite off after its done.
    Cons:
    Needed more filing of parts than other housings I've ordered from DX. Screws from original DS lite worked better than the ones ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent quality and price for Housing

Pros:
    Decent quality for the price, compared to other DS lite housings sold on DX and Ebay this one needs generally little filing of parts to make it fit together. Quality of buttons is good, but keep your screws from your original DS lite which are better than t...
    Cons:
    Would have liked the Hello Kitty design to have more detail. This one looks like it could have been done with a stick on decal.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works at 240 C with no problems

Pros:
    For lead free reflow work, this stuff works as advertised. I've ordered some of the other tape on DX and they tend to melt at 200-210 C and I was less than impressed. This stuff doesn't melt even at 240-250 C which is the temperature I set the rework statio...
    Cons:
    Doesn't seem to stick when it comes into contact with the rosen flux I use. The last roll I got had too much tape adhesive on ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice to have and not worry about batteries

Pros:
    I usually buy 5 or 10 at a time to get the bulk pricing. For the size the amount of light this thing produces is very good. Small and compact, very easy to crank and doesn't take long. Has 3 Nihm cells so should have a decent useful life.
    Cons:
    Not very sturdy. I broke 2 of the 10 I ordered fairly early on, since its see through I could tell that one of the gears (seems...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product ! Works as advertised

Pros:
    Works as Advertised. I buy these usually 3 at a time for the last couple of years and have no complaints. I use it on a Weber station that I crank to 700-800 F. The tips for the station typically cost 10.00 here in Canada but the refreshener really extends ...
    Cons:
    Can't really think of any. Great value for the money, can't find any cheaper on Ebay, but would still like it at a lower price.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Product works as advertised !!

Pros:
    I ordered 3 for use in Duo Pro Adapter for PSP. Was recognized right away with no problems. Came in a small case that helps from losing them when the Micro SD cards are just loose. Fully filled so the memory is NOT hacked - and is as advertised.
    Cons:
    Was sorry to see it sold out - wanted to order more ;(. Not sure if it was the adapter or the card but had to blow on the card ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great price for the switches

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Really good price when you order 5+ pairs at a time (better than what I could find on Ebay). I use a SMD rework station to remove the old defective switches after the board is removed from the console. Usually the best temperature I find is a setting of app...
    Cons:
    The plastic on the switch tends to crisp alittle if you use a rework station, i.e. the temperature that melts the lead free sol...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Probably the best value for protecting your stuff

Pros:
    Really good price when you order 10 or more at a time. I usually order 20 at a time and give them away to customers. Generally I recommend for them to put name etc. in the battery compartment of DS, DS lite, PSP etc. or even the inside covers of Xbox 360, P...
    Cons:
    Last batch I had had a few defective, but its not a big problem. They can be rehydrated with water. Or if the batteries go they...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    2 of 5 was Defective

Pros:
    Good looking for the price. Just have to get use to pulling the front "muzzle" part off for using the pen. Just don't lose the cap.
    Cons:
    I ordered a total of 5, but 2 of the 5 did not work straight out of the package. Pen ink was more like the old style liquid ink...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections