• Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent

posted by Biffo1262 on 03/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap but well built. Good charge indicators for separate cells. Decent charge rate*
    Cons:
    * The stated charge rate on the front of the charger is 800mah, on the back 700mah and on the box 1000mah. There is no rate in ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and Cheerful replacements for Syma S301G

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap Light Durable Easily fitted to the Syma S301G Reduced turbulence for indoor flying compared to the Syma S301G OEM blades.
    Cons:
    Smaller area and slighter shorter than the Syma blades giving less lift and consequently less flight time. Needs to have the ho...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Superb

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Fits the Syma S301G RC helicopter giving over 11 minutes continuous flight time. Same weight as the OEM battery. Cheap Decent quality. Durability? Only time will tell.
    Cons:
    Longer charging time so consider a higher rate charger and/or extra batteries. I suggest that at these prices you consider bot...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A must for digital camera owners

posted by Biffo1262 on 01/17/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's the only unit I've come across that copes with ALL my multi-flash digital cameras. It's small but quite powerful and I've bought two for portrait use in addition to the cameras flash. Comes with a camera/flash bar buy I use mini tripods. It's sensit...
    Cons:
    One of the units refused to charge despite my best efforts within a month of purchase. However there has been no quibble from ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best value of the year

posted by Biffo1262 on 08/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Solid metal construction. Standard 11mm mounts. 30mm tube with 4 reticules. Eleven light intensities for just about every light condition. Very stable even when switching reticules. Deep eye relief so easy to use.
    Cons:
    Off the top of my head I can't really think of any. Slight reflections which may cause distraction at high light intensities b...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Could do better.

posted by Biffo1262 on 03/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good beam and reasonably powerful but I doubt it hits 100mW. Focus is easy but head gets very loose and wobbles annoyingly. Battery life is good on rechargables
    Cons:
    I've had two now, my original and one replaced under warranty but even this one has now burnt out with very little use. I'd bu...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The only torch you'll need

posted by Biffo1262 on 03/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very small and light. Very powerful and uses readily available and cheap 3x AAA batteries. The spot beam is incredibly bright with a decent throw of over 200 metres! The flood beam is a very, very effective working light. As a retired fire officer I real...
    Cons:
    Plastic lens may take some damage over time but it can be polished. Not sure about the integrity of the push pull focus head a...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Value for money

posted by Biffo1262 on 02/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Seems robust and well made with a decent presentation box. Beam is bright,clear, well focussed and visible in dull daylight.
    Cons:
    Batteries rattle annoyingly and need to be taped to prevent it. Press switch ON only. Beam is very dull even in just cool weat...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Superb

posted by Biffo1262 on 02/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought these intending to resolder then as a universal switch but had no need to as when I disassembled them the switches interchanged with every end cap switch torch I own. Even my C cell Tesco LED Torch. Sturdily built with decent quality wiring and a...
    Cons:
    Cannot think of any and I have been using them for over six months now in the field.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Piece of Kit

posted by Biffo1262 on 02/09/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Nice bright, tight beam with useful side spill. Sturdy build and well finished. Single mode no nonsense positive switch which works flawlessly every time. A really useful and extremely reliable pocket torch. Works really well with two recharegable CR123...
    Cons:
    Still trying to think of any.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections