• Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect maglite replacement

posted by CCH613 on 01/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very light and bright. I've always looked for a Maglite Solitaire replacement - this seems to be it. Bright enough for walking at night. Not bright enough for bike riding (unless you're VERY slow). Has about a 10' effective range. Very light aluminum (alloy?).
    Cons:
    Clicker switch is wobbly - not a real con, for me. Not waterproof. Not as bright as SKU: 47661, but close. Not as heavy either.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Squishy tip

posted by CCH613 on 10/17/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Small & well designed. I especially like the hole in the top so I can clip it onto things. No issues with making contact with the touch screen. I tried a Blackberry Torch & tablet, iPod, iPad. No issues.
    Cons:
    The tip is a hollow rubber ball, so when you push on it, it flattens. Also it will recede into the pen body after a while. So t...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A great little general purpose light.

posted by CCH613 on 11/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    A nice weight, and a good size. this is bigger than a mag-lite solitare, but a great replacement. No bulb to burn out, and lots of light. It will sit on its tail for indirect lighting off the ceiling, or in a tent (if you have a flat floor). I particularly ...
    Cons:
    OK, so I really don't have any major complaints. It is fine just as it is, BUT, if I were redesigning this, I would ... I think...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Keychain light

posted by CCH613 on 10/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A great replacement for a maglite solitare. VERY bright, would do for biking at night in a pinch.
    Cons:
    Heavy - if this was made of aluminum, I'd be happier. Note that I'm talking of 10-15gm here. This may not be an issue for you. ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    o-ring issues

posted by CCH613 on 08/24/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Bright - wide light - just the right angle of flare. As bright as ~10W HID cannister - at least so it seemed when diving with a buddy that has one. Quality seems good though
    Cons:
    O-rings are too big & pop out when you screw in the ends. If you can get the ends on, then it is very tight & tough to ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections