• Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Get what you pay for

posted by Compuwiz2007 on 07/23/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Really cheap Screws on nicely, and it has a smooth rotation. It does cut down the glare at some rotation, most of the time. Acts sort of as a "sunglass" for your camera, it does dim things down quite a bit.
    Cons:
    Really Cheap, glass quality suffers I am using this on a 70-300 lens, and at the low end/70mm, the images are relatively clear ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Versatile

posted by Compuwiz2007 on 10/01/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Well....it can be used for many different things...if you need a normal flashlight, this has it, if you need UV light, this has it and if you need a laser pointer, this has it. So really, it has all you need. It can tail stand since the button is on the side.
    Cons:
    You need to cycle through the rest of the cycle to turn the unit off. The laser at distance is not overly focused, it does have...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    JUST COOL!!!

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    These are just cool, when you hydrate these, they instantly start to grow. when you mix the clear ones with the coloured ones, the clear ones are almost perfectly transparent and make the coloured ones look like they are suspended in the water.
    Cons:
    i dunno if it is too healthy for the plant, i haven't tried it long term with an actual plant yet so i don't know what the effe...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic SD card reader

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is faster than any other SD reader i have. I have run benchmarks using the same SD card, the same benchmarking tool and even the same USB port, and this reader has consistently come out on top. (i was only using a class 4 card too)
    Cons:
    The quality of the end caps seems a little low, the one that covers the SD card seems a little cheap and if you aren't careful ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as it should

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap, gold plated tips, long enough for me. It looks very similar to the original cable, both quality and colo(u)r wise. I don't know if i would spend the extra money on the other version but for the price, this one gets the job done.
    Cons:
    I can't tell the difference. I have a 10 year old CRT tv, when it was new, it was top of the line (in it's class). When i had m...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really, nothing bad to say

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Unlike what the description states, the version i got HAS a state memory of sorts. It does remember what setting you had it on last. (i have only tested it for about 1min of off time so i am not too sure how long it will remember for) The build quality seem...
    Cons:
    The memory can be annoying and useful...it forces you to cycle through all over again. There is no "fade-out" but i d...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    it works...somewhat

posted by Compuwiz2007 on 07/25/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It can transmit to any channel you want it to very small the backlight means you can change the tuning even in the dark.
    Cons:
    no where near powerful enough to override existing FM signals has very poor range, i attribute this to a lack of a proper anten...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does the job

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It grabs things, it holds things, and best of all, it holds them still!!! it is able to grab most of my flashlights no problem, and has a universal tripod screw which makes it easier to use since you can put it on large and small tripods the squeezing...
    Cons:
    the place where the screw hole is, the bottom metal plate, can be screwed out and sometimes gets stuck to the tripod which make...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I LOVE THIS ONE

Pros:
    The build quality of this one is leagues ahead of the 1.99$, "Metallic" version. it actually feels like it won't break when you open it up, as well it won't crack. the top part, where the camera is allowed to drop down can rotate allowing for more...
    Cons:
    the extension parts feel cheap. when you fill them out, you can tell they are plastic just because they don't feel as heavy. t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Wonderful for computer use

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    it comes with many uncommon bit types, which allows many different types of devices the case shows the bits very simply, and they fit well into the handle.
    Cons:
    the handle is simply a block of plastic with the grip/spot for the bits to go into. Personally, it gets slightly difficult to ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections