• Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great connectors!

posted by EM745 on 08/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Probably the best-looking and best made stackable plugs you'll find anywhere; with hard nylon casing and lantern-type insulated jacks. The plugs are UNI-T branded (nice if you have other UNI-T branded stuff).
    Cons:
    Cables' outer jacket isn't silicone. Zero strain relief at the cable/plug junctions--the small tubular projection where the cab...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best deal I could find on these

posted by EM745 on 08/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Genuine UNI-T product. Hi quality construction and materials (nylon, steel, silicone rubber??). Strong grip/hook action seems ready to take on repeated use and abuse. Flexible tube insulation looks to be silicone rubber (though I'm not 100% certain of this).
    Cons:
    Nada! Not a thing.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Gen. 2 an improvement over the original

posted by EM745 on 04/15/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    FINALLY has a true aluminum reflector (old one was plastic). The knurling on the tubes and the machining on the bezel are more aggressive. Seating of the front o-ring has been improved, but is not perfect. Threads are lubed and coarser all around, which aid...
    Cons:
    Still won't tailstand. Useless CR2 mode (should be CR123 instead). The lanyard hole on this gen. 2 is WAY too close to the rear...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice AA light for the price.

posted by EM745 on 01/11/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Brightness at par with my UF C3 (1xAA) though the tint is noticeably bluer. Shoelace type lanyard seems solid enough but is somewhat short (though not as short as some others I've seen). Innards are of respectable quality, comparable to the UF C3 (there's e...
    Cons:
    The checkerboard machining on the head piece is uneven (that on the tail is fine, though). Apparently won't worh with hi-voltag...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Like those pill boxes, w/o the labelling

posted by EM745 on 12/29/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Sturdy plastic. Looks like those small pill boxes you see in pharmacies and "dollar" stores, but it doesn't have any raised braille or day-of-the-week labelling. Small size makes for an easy fit inside those compact PC repair kits.
    Cons:
    The "LodeStar" sticker is stuck on GOOD! You'll need to loosen it up with paint thinner before attempting to remove i...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The single mode is a beter buy

posted by EM745 on 12/16/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    5 modes. Can tailstand (though the lanyard loop gets in the way, unless you remove it). Very good exterior anodize job (aside from the switch cap's edge--see below).
    Cons:
    Interior components of inferior quality compared to regular C3 (sku.1993). Heats up rather rapidly in high mode. Max brightness...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great on the outside, less so on the inside

posted by EM745 on 11/04/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Looks better than my UF C3 (sku.1933), especially the head area and the slightly flatter, more uniform anodize job. The tactical bezel really adds a nice styling touch (it'S REALLY too bad the UF C3 doesn't have this).
    Cons:
    While at first glance this may seem like a retooled clone of the UF C3 (FWIW, most of the parts ARE interchangeable), a peek i...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I prefer the black one (I have both)

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Read my review of sku.4238 (all the pros are pretty much the same).
    Cons:
    Read my review of sku.4238 (all the cons are pretty much the same). -PLUS- Compared to my black one, the grey anodize was fla...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Yay for the black and orange

Pros:
    An nice assortment of caps for the undecided. ;) Generally well-made. Cheap replacements for those worn or torn caps, or a colorful upgrade from those plain-jane black caps. _SHOULD_ fit most "clicky" flashlights that already have similar-looking ...
    Cons:
    It would be nice if the GITD caps were less translucent, and/or the GITD "speckles" inside the transparent silicone b...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful add-on to any A/V toolkit

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros: