• Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not exactly what I expected

posted by Herc326 on 10/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    These do glow in the dark, making it easier to find the light in the dark. Fits my 502D with no problems other than having to trim the center nub off.
    Cons:
    I was expecting this to be like the one that came on sku 15565. These are all pale green, almost see through, compared to that...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good batteries

posted by Herc326 on 05/26/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    These arrived with one at 3.98V and the other at 4.02V. Using SKU# 00936 they charged up to 4.19V when the light turned green. I didn't time it, but this took hours. Both fit the flashlight well without any rattle.
    Cons:
    No complaints so far, especially at this price. Will see how they hold up long term. At this price it would be hard to justif...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Slow but a good charger

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Seems to charge very slow. There is no noticeable temperature change of the batteries while charging. 18650 batteries were removed after the light changed to green and both measured 4.19 volts. I like it, especially the price.
    Cons:
    The charger looks well made but feels like light cheap plastic with nothing inside. No need to change as long as it works.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice light, but not exactly a P60 drop-in?

Pros:
    My first 18650 light. No surprise that it is obviously much brighter than the RC-G2 light. I like the size, slightly larger than the RC-G2 as can be seen in the picture. The hot spot is a little bigger and the spill is a lot bigger, 50% wider, than the R...
    Cons:
    A fingerprint was on the lens when it arrived. Easily removed. No lube on any threads or o-rings. Also easily fixed. A toug...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Well made knife

posted by Herc326 on 12/07/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Seems to be well made with a very nice and what seems to be a tough finish. Works smoothly and locks open securely. It can be opened with one hand using your thumb, but for those who like to "flip" it open it won't happen with this knife. For a...
    Cons:
    The knife was not what I would consider sharp when received. The edge on this particular knife was poorly ground and took cons...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright Light

posted by Herc326 on 12/27/2007 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Bright light with good spill, all LEDs worked on mine, small size, nice exterior finish and knurling, very inexpensive.
    Cons:
    Threads, especially around the head, are rough. One O-ring around the switch end of tube but not on the other but it looks like...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A Little Disappointed

posted by Herc326 on 12/12/2007 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Discreption is accurate. Back of watch says water resistant to 3 atmospheres. Instructions are clear and watch easy to use. Time and date was easily set. Light weight and plastic band is comfortable. The green light is very good, making it very easy to...
    Cons:
    With the exception of the watch back, which is stainless steel, all exterior parts of the watch are plastic. Never had one lik...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Still a Nice, Bright Light

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Just received 17 more of these. All have the same type of reflector. I would say it was textured or OP, but maybe not as much as the gray finished model. All had a nice black finish with some slight tool marks showing on the flat areas, but nothing that ...
    Cons:
    Of the 17, one would dim if the reflector was screwed down all the way. Just a slight turn to loosen would solve that problem....
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice compass

Pros:
    Good price, appears to be well made with everything working as it should. The light weight needle oscilates very little so not being liquid filled is not much of a problem.
    Cons:
    Not liquid filled, would have been good information to include in the product description.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice knife for the Price

Pros:
    Light weight knife with nice finish, opens smoothly, everything is tight. Knurled handle is easy to grip. Belt clip is strong and well attached.
    Cons:
    None at this price. Mine did have a slight ding in the knurling on one side like maybe someone may have been a little careless...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections