• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Unbeatable for the price

posted by Lion251 on 05/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It Just Works! Had to turn the pot to the right, and change the pin numbers from the default Arduino sketch, but both have been described adequately by others in reviews/comments for this item. When I did this, I got it to work within 10 minutes. (I purchas...
    Cons:
    No documentation included, but if you read the other reviews/comments, that is not really a problem
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very bright light, nicely built!

posted by Lion251 on 04/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This light has the build quality that I've come to expect from the WF-504B. I had already ordered several with either XRE-R2 and XPG-R5, this is the first XML-T6. Sturdy, nice finish, even lubricated O-rings. Very much impressed with the amount of light!
    Cons:
    This light appears to be direct-driven. When you have a battery that sags in voltage only a little, you may overdrive even the ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice light, best driver I've seen

posted by Lion251 on 05/16/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very nice light! As others have already pointed out, the amount of light is blinding, throw is very good (especially in combination with sku.5937, build quality is fine. But to make this light completely perfect: the driver that is used is the best I've s...
    Cons:
    The WF-502B body makes it more difficult to make good thermal contact, because the head is very wide. There were some aluminium...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice light, unbeatable for the price

posted by Lion251 on 04/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is the second one of these lights I bought as gifts for nephews. Build quality is surprisingly good (except for the clip), especially for this price. The light has a nice, sturdy feel.
    Cons:
    The clip is screwed on so badly it is almost useless. I removed it from both lights. Afterwards close the holes, or the light ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Light has changed a bit - for better and worse

posted by Lion251 on 04/21/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    After ordering one light for myself some monts ago, I ordered three more for friends and family. The lens on the previous light was a bit hazy (as others have noticed as well), the lenses for the new lights are much, much better. Overall build quality is ...
    Cons:
    The previous light had mode memory: it would come back in whatever mode you switched it off in. The new light always comes on i...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    This light is insanely bright!

posted by Lion251 on 03/20/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This light is bright! Insanely bright! Mechanical build quality is very good. Mode memory work fine; after a switch-off of more than a few seconds (up to hours, maybe even more) the light returns to the mode that it was switched off in (not the next one, ...
    Cons:
    This light is _insanely_ bright... ;-) The version that I got, has PWM for the modes, but no current regulation, even though i...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections