• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works and looks good

posted by Marco9000 on 04/05/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It work well and looks like it cost a lot more money. I use it to link my TV to my surround sound amplifier. It provides a single cable solution, while it is highly visible, the braided cover looks classy and if anybody examines the setup closely they are ...
    Cons:
    None that I've noticed or expect to notice.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Well

posted by Marco9000 on 08/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    In comparison with a recent replacement Dell battery pack I cannot see any difference in run time under the same load. It fits both the main and auxiliary battery slots. The price was considerably cheaper than an original Dell unit and slightly cheaper than...
    Cons:
    No cons so far.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good outdoor camera

posted by Marco9000 on 06/19/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    IR cut works well. Pretty simple to setup. WiFi is good and sensitive, sees lots of APs. Takes standard 1/4" camera mount. US style plug.
    Cons:
    No real cons, the antenna is kind of cheap looking. Works OK with Linux and Firefox in push mode, but for full benefit of the e...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well

posted by Marco9000 on 09/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very inexpensive. Perfect for DIY projects. Nice and small. Surprisingly stable output. Trimmer on the output level came in handy when getting the voltage to spec at the test points on my Raspberry Pi.
    Cons:
    It looks like it was put together in a hurry, which I guess is not surprising given the price, but it works well. I would pref...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good antenna

posted by Marco9000 on 07/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is a decent antenna for the price. The construction seems sturdy, the antenna tube appears to be fibre glass or similar. Good coverage. Believable gain.
    Cons:
    The magnets in the base are pretty weak.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little mouse

posted by Marco9000 on 12/29/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    + Inexpensive + Good tracking + Good feel + Quick button response + Forward/Back buttons are well placed
    Cons:
    - slightly small, but it still feels comfortable - cord could be longer, but this can be a plus too depending on your set-up.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Little Device

posted by Marco9000 on 01/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It is very small. Works surprisingly well it gets a 100% power rating while going through three plaster walls to reach my router. I can also see the my next door neighbor and the guy across the street at over 50%. Needless to say the power and the sensit...
    Cons:
    No real cons other than having to compile a driver for my Linux distro, the source code is included on the CD.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Well

posted by Marco9000 on 05/01/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Seems well made. Runs Open-Pli images without problems. In function it seems indistinguishable from a Dreambox DM500s. Good box for satellite hobbyists on a budget.
    Cons:
    The installed firmware is a little rough around the edges for an English speaker and requires tweaking for American use, but it...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Power, Good Sensitivity

posted by Marco9000 on 12/16/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    A good balance of power and sensitivity, something that is often missing from high power adapters. Chips as advertised :-) Circuit board looks like an ALFA AWUS036H, not sure if this indicates a common original manufacturer or a very good clone. Came with ...
    Cons:
    Case is a little on the flimsy side, can pop apart, there are no screws under the feet. Other than that no cons.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A great little adapter

posted by Marco9000 on 11/20/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good to be able to use old PATA IDE drives on a newer motherboard or controller card. I've used it with both hard drives and a DVD-RW and it worked well.
    Cons:
    The only one that may cause a problem is the closeness of the circuit board to the metal casing on some drives. As already not...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections