• Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good uv torch

posted by ThomasR099 on 06/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good UV torch, bright light, takes regular AAA batteries, all leds and the switch work fine, power seems good. Size and weight are as was expected.
    Cons:
    while the build quality is good the surface finish is lacking a bit; it looks like the smooth surfaces got hit when knurling th...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice pocketable torch

posted by ThomasR099 on 06/01/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very nice torch/flashlight for the money, surface finish is nice and uniform; the led is bright and machining tolerances seem quite reasonable. O-rings present to get some weather sealing
    Cons:
    At first, because of the anodizing, the light doesn't work well, you need to sand the threads a bit to get good contact between...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great and tiny backup torch

posted by ThomasR099 on 12/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very small, very bright for its size, lightweight, bright yellow colour makes it visible also at depth.
    Cons:
    The plastic and metal bit of the head can unscrew from each other; no big deal as this doesn't influence the waterproofness; bu...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice bulbs, but colour is off

posted by ThomasR099 on 11/26/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    As this is the second set of these that i've ordered, the pro's are nice light colour and brighter parking lights than stock. Also the build quality is very good, everything feels sturdy and the soldering is well done. Packaging is neat and clean. They a...
    Cons:
    The one great big CON of this set is that the color of both bulbs isn't the same. One led "tower" has 9 good leds, on...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good running or indicator lights

posted by ThomasR099 on 10/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very nice finish, packaging and quality, i wouldn't be surprised to find it in any reputable car shop, only for much more money. For me (W203 mercedes) they work completely error free. Given that there are multiple emitters, the beam pattern seems to resemb...
    Cons:
    none really,they are a bit taller than the halogen bulbs they replace, but for me that's fine. Maybe if you have very shallow h...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good replacement for original WII wheel

Pros:
    Good wheel, nice quality and fits the remote just like the original. the plastic seems to be the same as the original wii wheel.
    Cons:
    It came without wrap and was quite dirty, nothing a good wash didn't solve though, so that's relatively minor
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good led running or indicator light

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Nice and white light, maybe a bit towards the blue side. On my W203 mercedes it is completely error free and functions fine with a good fit in the stock light bulb holder. I have the impression that the light output is better than the original halogen bulbs.
    Cons:
    possibility of a limited beam pattern given that it has only one emitter, more use will have to tell
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good inverter

posted by ThomasR099 on 08/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    good, small, sturdy, well built, usefull etc. also the usb connection stays on all the time, so usefull for charging stuff like your phone (if you have the cable). it has a fan for cooling and provides ample power to charge most electronics.
    Cons:
    nothing really, maybe the usb could have been switched as well to provide a full 'shutdown' mode, but this is not really an issue
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice little stove

posted by ThomasR099 on 08/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    a really nice little lightweight camping stove, the build quality is good, except for maybe the fiwation of the piezo element. I can see this working very well in a lightweight backpacking setup. It also seems very hot, i boiled suite a lot of water on it i...
    Cons:
    The piezo element might be a bit loose, but not really an issue, also stability might be a problem, but that would be the case ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great backup battery

posted by ThomasR099 on 07/20/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    great battery to use as a replacement or backup for your original battery. a second pro is that mine came charged, charging it properly might be a good idea however. build quality is great, white instead of the original grey, but not flimsy or poorly built
    Cons:
    as always, not certain about the capacity and i haven't tested it. since i bought it as a backup this isn't a problem however.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections