• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great tool!

posted by avk999 on 02/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works perfectly. I've got HW revision 2.70 and the latest software. Probes are fine and very convenient, esp. the one with the Y-connector. On seedstudio you can find alternative software and additional apps, I recommend Logic Analyzer and PAWN/USB proto...
    Cons:
    Not really a con, but packaging was very flimsy - just a plain cardboard box that got crushed in the mail. However the device i...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just as expected

posted by avk999 on 02/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good quality, very bright (at least it gives 270 lm as promised, seems to be more). Has three modes - full, half power, strobe, easily switched with the single button. I carry this flashlight over a month, no scratches or other problems.
    Cons:
    Focus is fixed, cannot be changed. Not really a con. Crown seems to be fragile enough, don't think one can break car window wit...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great workbench lamp

posted by avk999 on 12/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very good quality, nice to touch. Fine suspension system (I didn't need it, but the quality is high). Uniform soft white light, good for shadowless lighting of the work surface. I have it hanging about 1.5m over the desktop.
    Cons:
    None really. Probably the driver should be a bit smaller, but you can replace it with another one or DIY.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Beware - it is common ANODE!

posted by avk999 on 12/09/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works. Bright enough, quality is good. Price is right
    Cons:
    common anode - that means no 7219. Relative brightness of R,G and B leds different with same current, be sure to adjust resist...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works as designed

posted by avk999 on 10/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    nice metal body, batteries included. Good black coating, nice feel, doesn't slip. Beam is strong, just like one expect from a green laser pointer.
    Cons:
    If you shake the device the batteries rattle. Doesn't impede operation, but not pleasant. Cheap paper box, threw it away at on...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections