• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super bright LED

posted by chrishh777 on 08/18/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is a very bright LED. I would extimate about 600 lum. Pretty good price and better than SSC or MCE options. Very easy to fit. Ver fast delivery from UK. Much brighter than the XP-G R5 drop in I replaced. Three brightness modes are useful.
    Cons:
    Does get quite warm. Limited to one battery option. High current draw at tail. Strobe and SOS modes are not really that useful....
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good budget charger

posted by chrishh777 on 09/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I have two of these chargers. I have a number of flashlights and both 18650 and 16340 batteries. This charger has two independent charging channels unlike oher li-ion chargers thst charge two batteries in parallel. it seems to stop charging once a battery i...
    Cons:
    a bit slow charging large cells. More expensive than some other chargers.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Boost Driver

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is one of the few boost drivers on sale. I prefer boost drivers because generally they allow the use of higher capacity 18650 batteries in place of 16340 batteries. This is a CC driver so should, in theory, work with less than 5 LEDs in series - provid...
    Cons:
    Others have reported that the driver gets quite hot.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good multi mode single LED driver.

Pros:
    I'm using this driver to drive a CREE XR-E P4. The driver looks well made and pretty compact. 17mm is about the right size for most 16340/18650 based flashlights. Driver works with either 1x18650 battery or 2x14340 batteries. With 2 batteries the led is bri...
    Cons:
    A bit dim when used with one li-ion.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good P4 upgrade

Pros:
    This Cree XR-E Q5 seems to be in the performace/price the sweet spot at the moment, though that may change withthe arrival of the XP-G R5. It would seem to be an ideal upgrade for the XR-E P4 because of the 33% output increase. I have just got three of thes...
    Cons:
    The XR-E Q5 has been around for a while now. The newer XP-G R5 is a lot brighter and more efficient. However the beem pattern i...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good driver for 4V to 9v

Pros:
    This basic buck driver works well and provides good brightness. I used it to replace the broken driver in my Ultrafire C2 flashlight. I also replaced the CREE XR-E P4 LED with a CREE XR-E Q5. The Ultrafire C2 will accept either 2x16340 or 1x18650. Using one...
    Cons:
    Does not work that well with one 18650 li-ion battery. This is because the buck driver needs a differential in voltage to work....
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections