• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good batteries

posted by chui101 on 11/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - comes with useful box - holds almost the advertised 2500 mAh - charger indicates i got one with 2448 mAh and 2380 mAh. (but they may not have been 100% drained when i charged them?) - has a protection circuit - provides enough current to drive my brightes...
    Cons:
    - doesn't come charged, i guess? haven't had one explode or anything, so no cons yet - or hopefully ever!
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very bright bike light

posted by chui101 on 11/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    very bright LED light, makes your bike very visible from all sides. three useful modes - though i usually only keep it on the fast strobe
    Cons:
    doesn't seem like it would be 100% waterproof. There's not really a waterproof seal over the battery compartment, and the way t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for use on a bicycle

posted by chui101 on 11/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright. I use this on my bicycle and it helps me see reflective signs very far down the road. Large reflector helps with the beam throw for sure. Seems to be water-resistant. I've used it in the rain several times with no ill effects.
    Cons:
    Metal seems to be thinner than my other lights and dents easier. No rubber seal on the light end. Could potentially not be wate...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful utility!

posted by chui101 on 11/08/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Accurate temperature. Backlight, unit display, and laser are easily toggled! Ergonomic grip. Bright laser- easily visible at 100ft indoors
    Cons:
    Beep is not switchable. It's loud too, so if you're trying to take the temperature of your ear prepare to be temporarily deafen...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Must have for any computer enthusiast

posted by chui101 on 04/19/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Connects all sorts of old drives to any computer No drivers needed for any modern OS Fast transfer rates, mostly limited by your computer's available USB bandwidth Great for recovering data from broken computers!
    Cons:
    USB plug is a bit wobbly SATA power adapter is a bit finicky - the connectors wobble around in the 4 pin molex connector Could ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great in my 2006 Civic

Pros:
    No polarity, you don't need to test it before Fits perfectly into the map light slot in my 2006 Honda Civic Bright! Cool white lights. Uses 1/6 the power of the OEM light, so your battery won't drain as badly... not that it really matters since the Civic au...
    Cons:
    Cool white lighting doesn't match my OEM dome light, now I am waiting on SKU 81164 for that. The light is not distributed even...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Brightest LED for the price

Pros:
    I have a few of the CREE LED flashlights and this is the brightest of them. It can throw a long way thanks to the zoom lens, and in fact I can pick out reflective street signs over 250 metres away at night with this thing.
    Cons:
    I don't think the lens assembly is waterproof. Also, I think that like the other ones I have, the brass contacts will start to ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good HDMI cable.

posted by chui101 on 09/24/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Solid HDMI cable. Fits snugly into sockets and transmits a 1080i60 signal from my cable box to my TV. Haven't tested it with 1080p60 but I'm sure it works fine there too. I have other cheap cables that transmit 1080p60 fine, so I don't see why this wouldn't...
    Cons:
    None really. Mine didn't have the oval HDMI stickers on the connector but I think I'll live.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful little adapter

posted by chui101 on 09/24/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I have a bunch of old Mini-USB cables, but when I upgraded phones and MP3 players I was stuck with some devices that needed Mini and some that needed Micro. This is the perfect solution for me, and I can use this while travelling too because the elastic cor...
    Cons:
    As I said before, and as other people have mentioned, the contact can be a bit finicky sometimes. At first I thought my Mini US...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works. Get em, they're cheap.

posted by chui101 on 09/07/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It does exactly what a battery should do. It powers my keyboard and toothbrush and calculator and noise cancelling headphones. Functionally I can't really tell the difference between these and the name-brand batteries that came with one of my chargers. It d...
    Cons:
    I put these into a smart charger I have and had them drain and charge the batteries to measure the capacity. They all came in a...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections