• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I'm happy with my purchase!

posted by dave1960 on 02/27/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    One came 4.00V and one 3.87V. At least neither was dead. They do what they are supposed to, making my AA/or Li-Ion light brighter like the instructions said. Extra words to get 1000 characters. More extra words as my first try said not enough.
    Cons:
    I have a DSD charger and I had to do some fancy stuff to charge one. Can't find anything else to dislike! Blah, Blah, Blah. Ext...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not too shabby...

Pros:
    Looks a LOT like a ****fire 6P. Bright! Nice knurling! Simple click on/click off. No modes to fuss with. Clickie feels pretty good. Not too stiff or easy. Works equally well in Cigar grip and Stabbing grip.
    Cons:
    Original o-ring at tail is PHOOEY. I had an assortment and found a decent replacement. Threads allow a lot of play when not tig...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not EXACTLY sure what to make of it yet.

Pros:
    Looks to really be HAIII. I don't plan to TRY and scratch it. Pretty bright with a beam sort of floody, that is no solid edge to the fairly large spot. Clickie works well but has a strong spring. Takes a pretty good push to click it. May try to forward swit...
    Cons:
    Two different knurling types. Diamond shape on the head, and square/rectangle on the tail cap. Tail cap design is a bit freakis...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice but a bit bigger than I thought.

posted by dave1960 on 12/15/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    HAIII (well at least as far as I can tell) Nice 4 flat body gives good grip Pretty secure anti roll Q5 bright and nice and floody spill GITD Switch boot (so I don't have to do it myself)
    Cons:
    A few nicks or dings in the finish Not very many tailcap threads (2.5 turns) and kind of rough. BIG. Almost the size of MTE SSC...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pretty decent light!

posted by dave1960 on 12/08/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Not a lot bigger than some name brand 18650 lights. Bright! Clickie works well. Built and finished nicely.
    Cons:
    Beam is a little goofy. Seems like reflector won't go down enough. Not quite as bright as I imagined.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not bad, but needs a few tweaks!

posted by dave1960 on 12/08/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Nicely put together and finished in Semi Gloss black. After really tightening the switch retainer it works very well. After spacing the reflector up a bit the hole in the middle of the beam all but disappears.
    Cons:
    I had to REALLY tighten the switch retainer! I had to space the reflector up (an O-ring between the reflector and head)!! Does ...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice little light!

posted by dave1960 on 12/01/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    REALLY small and compact! Nice lanyard that even fits over my BIG hand! Glossy black finish that I can find nothing wrong with. Pretty bright as it comes.
    Cons:
    Nothing I can find. COULD be a more matte black.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not too shabby!

posted by dave1960 on 11/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    A very nice tint! Even whiter than RC-P3! Feels very solid! Looks good! Lanyard that even fits my large paws!
    Cons:
    It took some fussing with to make it work. Seems like it was a ground issue due to switch body. Clickie is a bit less nice than...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice side switch 2AA flashlight!

posted by dave1960 on 11/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Feels very solid! Clickie works great! Nice tint! Nice beam! Good brightness! Worked right out of the box! (see other thoughts and 13656 review)
    Cons:
    None that I can think of just now.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice back pocket ROCKET!

posted by dave1960 on 10/28/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    An excellently shaped light! Pretty darn bright! Nice bezel down clip! Glass lens!
    Cons:
    I have two of the Ultrafire WF-502B now. The switch in my first one croaked. I thought I had killed a module. This one feels go...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections