• Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for sidelights

posted by drac666666 on 05/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    These are obviously better than the version that only projects light forward. They work great for front sidelights (aka parking lights or city lights) at the side of your high beam projector housing. They emit a cool white light that aids in daytime visibi...
    Cons:
    Definitely not useable as turning signal bulbs. DX and other shops sometimes don't understand that white LEDs emit light in a m...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great idea, faulty quality

Pros:
    Solid fused housing, contrary to many of these "snap-on" adapter housings that get snapped open eventually and end in the trash. The elastic band is a godsend: I attach these to my USB to MiniUSB cables, and always have the choice between Mini and Micro USB...
    Cons:
    The inner metal lip that keeps the MiniUSB snapped into the adapter, is too flat, causing it to slide out and/or make a bad con...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for starters, but unsatisfactory.

Pros:
    Very good value for your money. These e-liquids retail for 2 to 5 times as much.
    Cons:
    Tastes like a damp sock with a hint of stale tobacco. If your nicotine cravings are sufficient, you'll get over the taste thing...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ideal for dome light

Pros:
    Way brighter than the 1W T10 PowerLED bulbs with the aluminum round heatsink you see popping up everywhere, inluding here at DX: SKU 35621 a.o. Has two diodes and two-sided connectors with pass-through holes, so it can be plugged in any way you like.
    Cons:
    Too bad the light is ony directed to one side.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good replacement for desk lamp

Pros:
    Bright, daylight colour temperature, halogen replacement. Fills my desk with a nice light that is easy on the eyes. Bought this to replace a similar LED panel that had 9 larger SMD LEDs and consumed 2W. The previous one had 6 of the 9 SMD LEDs burn out in l...
    Cons:
    Too bad there is a marked +/- side: some diodes to avoid switching wires, or even allowing AC 12V, would be far better.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Absolutely perfect for trunk lighting

Pros:
    The perfect trunk light for my wife's car. She had been complaining for a while that the one tiny W5W bulb in the trunk of her VW Polo 9N was so dim. It was clumsy at the airport, couldn't find the umbrella in the rain, and she even felt unsafe loading in p...
    Cons:
    A bit pricey compared to similar LED solutions: let's hope it's in the build quality.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Finally I was able to quit smoking!

Pros:
    This is an original Sailebao DSE-901 e-cigarette (white battery and atomizer), with cartridges that are easy to find, but not in this form: they do not have the flat pipe-like mouthpiece. I like these better, as they resemble a real cigarette more. This de...
    Cons:
    The green LEDs are not a true indication of the charged status: one has to leave the USB lead (for the PCC) or the battery (ins...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Better than expected

posted by drac666666 on 02/02/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I expected something that was indeed only worth 29$, but I was pleasantly surprised with this kit. The beeper was mounted inside the display, and didnt need an extra cable. Beeper and display are clear and don't look cheap. The unit detects even small objec...
    Cons:
    One could complain about the cable lenght, but that's easily solved if you're a little handy. I would have preferred a display ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just what I needed

posted by drac666666 on 02/02/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    These are amongst the brightest of the cheap LEDs you can find. They're just as bright as others apparently rated 17.000 to 20.000 mcd, selling for many times more on eBay or in the local electronics store.
    Cons:
    None really, just don't overdrive them if you want them to last. Cranking the 3.3V up to 6V (like on the LED keychains) will co...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections