• Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worked first time and every time since

posted by echan101 on 08/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Auto power off. Comes boxed. Actually has a battery internal that charges quickly.
    Cons:
    Feels very light (but not flimsy). Interrupts music with an annoying periodic beep when power is low. Wish it would be a little...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Short guitar strap

posted by echan101 on 10/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It works as intended, as a guitar strap. The leather end bits hold the guitar nice and tight so its unlikely the guitar will slip out. There's no funny smells and the plastic bits (which tend to be the first thing to break) seem of reasonable quality and st...
    Cons:
    The strap itself seems shorter than other straps. I need to extend it to the longest length and its only just long enough.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works even indoors

posted by echan101 on 10/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Very small (6.8 x 4 x 2.5 cm). Very light. Very sensitive - it achieves sync even when my BT-308 doesn't. It achieves sync indoors near windows, even under 5 seconds. It actively tracks many more satellites than the BT-308. It uses a nokia battery (BL-4C) a...
    Cons:
    Does not feature an external antenna jack.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Retractable Micro-USB Cable

posted by echan101 on 10/07/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works in the Nokia 3120 Classic (data only, does not work with power as expected). It works the same as the CA-101, except it is better since it is retractable. It allows the Nokia 3120 Classic to be firmware upgraded. It allows proper access to all the...
    Cons:
    It is a bit hard to put in and pull out of the Nokia 3120 classic. However this is probably the way micro-USB is meant to work ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple cheap effective charger

posted by echan101 on 06/24/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This product extends to a great distance. So pair it up with a car cigarette lighter thing and you can use it as an easy car charger in emergencies. That way you don't need to have multiple bulky cigarette lighter attachments, just change the USB section. G...
    Cons:
    Metal jack is a bit short, shorter than sku.11397. So it may not work with all phones. Depending on the amount of power your US...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cute little gyro

posted by echan101 on 01/13/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The gyro spins for quite a long time. It lights up like a UFO. The units appear to be able to be stacked as there is a ball and pinion on opposite ends of the gyro but I can't vouch for how well they stack.
    Cons:
    I gave it a 4 out of 5 for the Usefulness, because it makes annoying happy birthday music when spinning.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great with Nokia Wireless Presenter

posted by echan101 on 01/13/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It gives me a fairly good range of around 7 metres. It works as expected, and Windows XP recognises the device depending on which USB port I am using. I can use Nokia Wireless Presenter with a Nokia 6120c to control powerpoint and move the mouse around the ...
    Cons:
    The dongle doesn't work in every USB port I've tried. Using a Lenovo X60, it is only recognised in one of the three USB ports -...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ideal for babies

posted by echan101 on 05/03/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This thermometer measures the in-ear temperature of a person in 1 second, making it perfect for babies as you don't want to be waiting ages for a temperature reading, especially if they are sick. It remembers the last 10 temperatures so you can keep a trac...
    Cons:
    The thermometer DOES NOT provide ambient temperature reading, unlike the specifications. This really applies to a different pro...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nokia BL-5B Battery Replacement

posted by echan101 on 04/22/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The battery is model BL-5B, and so it fits and works well in my Nokia 6120c. It is not hard to remove at all as it is exactly the same size as my genuine Nokia BL-5B. It charges in a very similar manner to my genuine battery and stops charging when full (al...
    Cons:
    It didn't come with a holographic Nokia sticker, although this is probably a good thing as it isn't genuine. The battery life i...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Small and usually convenient

posted by echan101 on 03/19/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The device is small and convenient. The USB cap will never fall off because its attached to the cable. It works for Nokia 6120 Classic phones (but note the remark below!)
    Cons:
    It doesn't click in as well as my Nokia wall charger.It doesn't click in as well as my Nokia wall charger. It doesn't work in a...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections