• Price: 5
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well, for a while

posted by fuzz2050 on 04/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This light is very bright, easy to use and mounts quickly and securely to any bike imaginable.
    Cons:
    After three months of use, it's started to have some trouble; even though the battery is fully charged, the light will not turn...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's a buff

posted by fuzz2050 on 03/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's a tube of fabric, useful as a hat, neck warmer, blind fold or any number of other things. It doesn't weigh much, and it's very useful. This one comes in a stylish argyle. Makes you look like a prep-school hiker instead of a normal hiker.
    Cons:
    This one is a little worse made than the other buff I ordered from DX. And it actually has a seam, which is odd, since it's des...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Learn the power of the 18650

posted by fuzz2050 on 01/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    18650 powered flashlights are great, they're bright and powerful. The only downside is that you need a special charger. At this price though, it's not a big deal.
    Cons:
    To be fair, this charges batteries, and not much else. It's cheaply made; all plastic and stuff. It does charge batteries thoug...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nicely made and bright

Pros:
    This might be the nicest make flashlight I've bought from DX. It has a good, solid feel, and seems like it will stand the test of time well. Even my Fenix lights don't all have such a nice heft. It's also plenty bright and has a decent beam pattern.
    Cons:
    None really that I can think of, this flashlight is bright, durable and compact, all of which are positives.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    BRIGHT-maybe to bright

Pros:
    This light is absurdly bright, easy to use, has a simple and versatile mounting mechanism and is more than enough to light your way on the darkest of streets. On long country roads, this light is perfect, the beam is a maybe a bit to focused, but it illum...
    Cons:
    If you use the strobe setting, pedestrians will scream at you. I feel self conscious using this light in town, even on low. It'...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Hack yourself a bike light

posted by fuzz2050 on 01/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    You can get an extraordinarily strong 18650 powered flashlight for not to much money, whereas a nice bike light costs a lot more. This handy little thing allows you to securely strap a flashlight to your bike.
    Cons:
    I can't really think of any true cons. There are limitations, the flashlight has to be the right diameter, but you knew that. I...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright, strong and fuctional zoom

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This flashlight is very bright, it seems well built and the zoom feature actually works well. The thumb-wheel zoom is a nice feature, as it doesn't slip as much as other mechanisms I've used.
    Cons:
    This flashlight is a bit bulky and has a very 'Tacti-cool' feel to it that I don't really like.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    At this price, I won't complain

Pros:
    It's small, light and cheap. It puts out more light than you might expect for a light this small.
    Cons:
    Feels very cheap in your hand, the tail cap switch is loose and the carabiner that comes with it is nearly useless. The whole t...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Planet Bike Superflash Clone

Pros:
    These lights are clones of the venerable Planet Bike Superflash, and that's a very good thing. They have a very bright, 1/2 watt led with supplemental, smaller leds that have an erratic and very visible flash pattern. I don't know if there is a more visib...
    Cons:
    The mounting hardware isn't great, but it's more than sufficient. If you need anything more than a pocket clip, or a seatpost m...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pretty good little light

Pros:
    This little light is cheap and bright enough. It runs on AA batteries, which can be found just about everywhere, and puts out a decent amount of light.
    Cons:
    The zoom function doesn't actually work all that well. It's fun to play with, and if you zoom all the way out, you can project ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections