• Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great stuff

posted by houthakker1985 on 08/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is great! removes all stains from your tip. Enter soldering tip when hot and you have a tip that is good as new!
    Cons:
    the tin is small. I mean really small. After a couple of uses (20 or 30x ) it will be empty and you need to order a new one....
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great, here's a manual!

posted by houthakker1985 on 02/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It works as a charm! To change settings: 1: Connect it with an USB to serial cable, make sure the TX on the USB cable is on the RX of the bluetooth module. (and vice versa) 2: Download terminal program, I recommend bray's terminal. Don't use puTTy, you will...
    Cons:
    no manual, but thats solved now! 3:Connect with terminal program, select the correct COM port and select baud 9600. leave the ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great product!

posted by houthakker1985 on 01/09/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is good quality shrink tube and it is dirt cheap. I love it use it all the time for my RC plane, soldering servo leads and arduino leads together, schrink tube it to protect and insulate the joints For most hobby appliances this size pack are most used.
    Cons:
    bit bent/flat corners due to packing but to me thats not a real con, to avoid this they should ship it in 3M enveloppes ;)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    the best gu10 so far i've seen

posted by houthakker1985 on 05/04/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Build quality is better then I expected. I've ordered a lot of different GU10 spots and this one is the best i've come across so far. It even has thermal paste between the star and base! Light angle and temperature are almost exact the same as regular bulbs...
    Cons:
    Delivery time. It took a long time to ship. But they were well worth the wait
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good spotlight but needs modification

posted by houthakker1985 on 01/19/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This light bulb gives a lot of light. more than a regular 35 watt halogen spot. From a distance they look exactly like a regular halogen bulb. fairly good build quality
    Cons:
    Thermal conductivity from the emitter star to the heatsink is very poor. It needs thermal compount. I used a thermal glue. Emi...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 1
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    not a good light

posted by houthakker1985 on 01/14/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works! Good to keep your hands warm in winter
    Cons:
    Build quality, this is the worst flashlight i've ever seen. plastic flashlights are better than this one. Threads break off pie...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great value for money!

posted by houthakker1985 on 09/20/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Sturdy design, key lock and focusable! Will burn almost anything. mine pops balloons of any color. You need to focus it correctly. Very bright beam. Wayyy more power then 50mw. uses 2 different types of batteries.
    Cons:
    Watch out for your eyes. You can easily go blind with this laser by watching the dot on a light surface, let alone direct expos...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works very well, but watch out!

posted by houthakker1985 on 06/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Drivers work, nice build quality. Overall: good cable. I read my PIN correctly. This cable can make backups of your EEPROM dash
    Cons:
    Watch out with this cable and software, it will screw your dashboard without warning!! It caused mine to self destruct (audi T...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good for hobby use

posted by houthakker1985 on 05/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    does its job. Decent build quality and a spare burner tip is included.
    Cons:
    Gas stream is not very constant. It seems to fluctuate when using the iron for a longer time. Also the only soldering tip inclu...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good transmitter

posted by houthakker1985 on 05/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Plug and play! Just stick it in your ipod/iphone and it starts to transmit. There's a extra slot on the bottom so you can use the transmitter while charging your phone.
    Cons:
    No cons I can think of, has a very steady signal. Rarely loses signal when in the neigborhood of disturbance sources, like a br...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections