• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent value

posted by jb100 on 09/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Much lighter than i expected. I have another chinese fountain pen which is around 50% heavier, which makes it tiresome to write with. Looks somewhat slimmer than the pictures indicate. Writes very well, continuous flow without any problems. The convertor is...
    Cons:
    The nib is "medium" and it would be nice if they had an option for a finer nib or a calligraphy nib, but these are ju...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent

posted by jb100 on 01/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very good performance, solidly built, performance as expected
    Cons:
    None, would be nice if they were cheaper but they are still good value for money
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    does the job

posted by jb100 on 09/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Its light, folds away easily and can be used in any number of configurations (full circle, half etc). The finish quality is acceptable for the price and it comes with a convenient carrying bag. Its also very cheap, about 60% of the identical brand-name prod...
    Cons:
    The aluminium is very thin and not that rigid, its also light enough that it could be a problem getting it to stay on the groun...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    For the price, great.

posted by jb100 on 08/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Variable ND filter, like it says. Works very well at certain settings. No play in the motion and the colour skewing (caused by having two polarised filters over each other) is only minor and easily adjustable by doing a calibration. A brand-name equivalent ...
    Cons:
    Build quality is average, though good for the price. Some "settings" have mild contrast distortion.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Incredibly strong, very useful

Pros:
    Typical RE magents, incredible "sticking" power. Well finished and pack together well in a variety of shapes (cube, frames etc). I use them to stick wet-tea towels to the side of my fridge so they dry out quicker (my fridge dissipates heat through...
    Cons:
    Nothing, perhaps they could be a little bigger, a little cheaper?
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good colour reproduction, cheap

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very cheap compared to the local prices. Build quality is good. Colour reproduction is very good: its indistinguishable to a CFL. Brightness is good, it's noticeably brighter than the 60Watt incandescent it replaced.
    Cons:
    Does get quite hot, i would be careful installing it in a recessed cavity. Not hot like a normal incandescent, more like a hot ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap, effective, bright

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The light from this PIR is surprisingly bright and it performs exactly as expected: on for 15s once you move near it. The angle of the light is also good, it spreads it quite wide (60 degrees?) so it will work well for lighting up a large area, potentially ...
    Cons:
    The light is very blue tinged and really only strong enough so that you see things and wont trip over them. If you are directly...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    impressive sparks!

posted by jb100 on 07/01/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The item is surprisingly large, which makes it quite easy to use. The sparks are impressive, they will start a fire with a piece of cotton wool or tinder and will occasionally catch on normal paper.
    Cons:
    The blade, while a good idea, needs to have some of the paint stripped off it before it will really strike a proper spark. Whil...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    5.00 grams

posted by jb100 on 06/30/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I brought this because i do hobby brewing etc on a small scale. I've got standardised 50g weights for calibrating my (non-DX) 50.00 g scales and wanted to be sure my scales were accurate down at the lower end. It seems to be fine, after calibration this w...
    Cons:
    Very small and potentially easy to lose! Seems to be simply chromed metal, which suggests it may begin to corrode at some point...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    reliable and robust

posted by jb100 on 06/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A well made small kerosene/white spirits powered lighter. The body is solid and well made and the overall design is good. I particularly like the flat bottom, allowing you to use it for a short time as a candle.
    Cons:
    Nothing to really complain about, could be a little cheaper, havent had to replace the flint yet so im not sure if those will b...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections