• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice driver, easily modded for 1400mah

posted by kramer5150 on 09/20/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Easy to solder. -Good build quality, no sloppy solder points. -Easy to select modes and mode groups. -Easily modded for 1400mah output, extra solder pads for a 4th 7135 current driver IC. -Efficient design, 3x7135 drvier ICs in parallel, with a mode sw...
    Cons:
    No reverse polarity protection. At least I think this is the case, for obvious reasons I don't want to try and find out.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice, Efficient, vairiable output

posted by kramer5150 on 02/01/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -3 Mode L/M/H group without strobes is VERY useful. -No PWM flicker -Last Mode memory -Ajdustable current -Performance and details are VERY well documented on DX forums.
    Cons:
    -Not plug & play, V+out needs to be bridged over to C1. -Hyper-strobe mode group gets in the way. IMHO they should replace...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice, Efficient, vairiable output

posted by kramer5150 on 02/01/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -3 Mode L/M/H group without strobes is VERY useful. -No PWM flicker -Last Mode memory -Ajdustable current -Performance and details are VERY well documented on DX forums.
    Cons:
    -Not plug & play, V+out needs to be bridged over to C1. -Hyper-strobe mode group gets in the way. IMHO they should replace...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice with 18650

posted by kramer5150 on 01/19/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Low mode (10%) can be made low enough to preserve night adapted vision. -NO PWM flicker on low modes !!!YEAH!!!, thats my biggest complaint about DX:17593. -GOOD/efficient/cool running regulation with 18650 cell. -Low/Med/Hi mode works great and is all I ...
    Cons:
    -C1 needs to be bridged to +Vout, that makes this a big challenge for beginners (like me). So I gave it a low score for "...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice, like an 11836, but with Low-low mode option

posted by kramer5150 on 12/25/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Inexpensive, and free shipping -R2/WC Cree emitter -Drops right into a 6P, no need for the large spring -NO STROBE ! -NO SOS ! -Infinitely variable output from about 1~175 Lumens -As bright and throwey as DX:11836, with the added bonus of low-low mode capa...
    Cons:
    -PWM frequency is too low. While it doesn't really bother me that much, it can easily be seen when illuminating fast moving obj...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    GREAT module!!

posted by kramer5150 on 08/19/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Inexpensive -Simple User interface and easy to use. -Memory works GREAT to recall the last mode used. -Drops right into a SF-6P with GOOD heatsinking abilities. -Low mode is about 50 Lumens total output and extremely useful to extend run times and drop ope...
    Cons:
    -Ringy output against a white wall -SOS mode is useless and just gets in the way. -High gets very warm after 6-7 minutes. -Batt...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    6P Tailcap, Rev-Clicky

posted by kramer5150 on 08/14/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Cheapest way to upgrade a 6P to thumb-click. -Nice heft and solid feel/weight. -Feels as solid/robust as the OEM SF cap. -Raised rim around switch helps prevent accidental activation and protects switch when dropped. -NICE tight engagement with O-ring....
    Cons:
    -Excessive anodize build up on threads. -Fresh out of the box it would not fit on my SF 6P. I had to really torque down on it...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice little torch

posted by kramer5150 on 06/29/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Cheap (very). -Reliable simplicity if a twist cap, no clicky switch to fail. -Very good DC-DC regulation. -Good color tint. -Durable, I dropped it a couple times on the concrete already and it scratched, but it still works fine. -Smooth threads and firm O-...
    Cons:
    -Gets warm fast on RCR123 cell. -Low mode would have been really nice. -Anodize coating seems a little fragile. There is an HA...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great charger

posted by kramer5150 on 06/23/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -SUPERB value. -Quality build, feel and construction. -12V DC input for use on the road. -Standard AC power cord. -Runs cool -Runs quiet -Nice LED status display -Individual charging circuits to compensate for miss-matched cells. -Auto cut-off at 4.2V, work...
    Cons:
    NONE... No joking!! I cant think of a single thing to complain about. Even the un-connected RCR123 bays, don't really bother me...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Satisfied Again

posted by kramer5150 on 05/11/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Solid value. -Good build quality. -Great performance so far, through 5-6 re-charge cycles. -Drives my 6P+SKU:11836 and WF-501B+SKU:6090 very nicely... very bright and decent run time too. -Maybe I got lucky, but this is my second order of 4 and now all 8 o...
    Cons:
    -Over-rated capacity. -Unprotected, so they need to be monitored while charging. I use a multi-meter and check for voltage whil...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections