• Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bang for the buck!

posted by kurt1602 on 05/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I have a need for measuring temperatures in the range 100-200 C. I considered building an interface from a k-type probe to a multimeter. In my seek for probes I found this complete thermometer. For this price - including probe and battery - it is a nice dea...
    Cons:
    It could use a stand. The probe tip is not covered/protected.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The lens cap for my lenses

posted by kurt1602 on 03/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I have bought and use various sizes of this type of lens cap even I seldom loose a lens cap. When I buy a lens, new or old, I insist on using a center pinch type of lens cap. If lens cap is missing or it is of the "outer pinch only" type I replace...
    Cons:
    It does not warm my hands in the cold nordic winter. Else none.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Highly recommended!

posted by kurt1602 on 03/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I use several of these rear lens caps and occasionally also a body cap. Some of my lenses are old Minolta AF lenses whose white rear caps tends to get rather loose and fall off the lens. This cap, on the other hand, fits nice and tightly!
    Cons:
    On some lenses the rear caps can fit a little too tight in the axial direction. Else none.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very usefull

posted by kurt1602 on 02/23/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a super versatile product. I use it regularly when various phones and other gadgets are to be charged. I have experienced just a few phones it would not accept.
    Cons:
    I have bought this product several times, and only this time all (3) was initially functioning. In use you have to watch out fo...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Impressive piece of equippment

posted by kurt1602 on 11/25/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Fits all the IDE and SATA drives I have thrown at it. I have used it at several occasions when examining old hard drives from old dead computers. Recently I rescued data from a partly faulty hard drive which could not be booted from. The cable set comes wit...
    Cons:
    Not elegantly suited for a permanent solution. The supplied mains chord was not the european type - no big deal, any old PC mai...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does what it should

posted by kurt1602 on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This adapter does what it is supposed to do for a price that is a bargain compared to what I can find in shops in Denmark. The adapter connects with the right feel and tightness. The build feel solid.
    Cons:
    I ordered the adapter when I saw I needed it. The item in order was swiftly shipped. Unfortunately the shipment took two full m...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very usable shouler rest

posted by kurt1602 on 09/20/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This relative cheap violin shoulder rest performs equally to a known Canadian brand, which I also use. It includes the means of adjusting to various sizes of violin bodies. At this price I allowed myself to add this shoulder rest to my 2 extra violins. In ...
    Cons:
    This makes life harder for the original Canadian brand.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Quite OK lens cap

posted by kurt1602 on 03/30/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is the right type of lens cap for most lenses. I have bought this item at various sizes. The center pinch type makes it possible to easily mount and detach the lens cap with a lens hood mounted. I seldom loose a lens cap, but I have bought some second...
    Cons:
    The spring action of the center pinch mechanism is a little weak. It occasionally causes the cap fall off in the bag and to mak...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections