• Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best deal ever

posted by ky145 on 05/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap cheap cheap! This thing works, with XP or higher don't need to find drivers or anything, plug it in and it works.
    Cons:
    Cheap construction. Even with the low profile design the case will crack and break off if you keep it attached to your laptop ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Compact

posted by ky145 on 02/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This makes my Baofeng UV-5R much more compact in the bag! Pulls in signals fairly well for the size too.
    Cons:
    The base does not make full contact with the base of the radio connector - so it wiggles a bit which concerns me if things shif...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's OK

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Been using this for a few weeks now and it is fairly accurate and not as difficult to use as some people say. the little heart icon blinks when reading, so just vary pressure slightly to ensure a proper reading
    Cons:
    REadings can be slow - up to 15 seconds to get a reading, and that can be a problem if you need a quick read right after an eve...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This thing is very handy - I keep it with me in my work bag everywhere I go - hat, scarf, balaclava, you name it. It is just like one I got for my motorcycle last year but this one was much more affordable.
    Cons:
    Too bad it does not come in more colours, black would be nice to match my motorcycle gear... It also stretches out somewhat qu...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works

posted by ky145 on 01/21/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Feels quite solid, adjustment screws are smooth and easy to operate, and they hold the position of the posts fairly well without slipping
    Cons:
    The extra posts were scattered throughout the case when shipped, exploding all over my desk when I first opened the box. Also,...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Spare

posted by ky145 on 01/17/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I got this as a spare for my UV5R and BF888 radios. These cords are pretty easy to lose so the price was right, just to have a backup. Once the driver is loaded it works pretty easily.
    Cons:
    The driver has to be an OLDER driver - the new ones don't work - prolific has new verification code in the drivers that render ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent replacement

posted by ky145 on 01/11/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I lost the original on my Canon Rebel XT (400D) for a few years now and I have finally found an affordable replacement! It fits perfectly and does the job. No more hard corners near the eyes or scratches on glasses!
    Cons:
    The plastics don't match exactly, with some discolouration on the plastic frame near the eyepiece being most noticeable, but wh...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    HUGE

Pros:
    Very sturdy, solid piece of aluminum. This will definitely do the job if used properly
    Cons:
    Much thicker and longer than expected, it will look very out of place on a keychain. Finish is somewhat crude, with many scrat...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Small, inobtrusive

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Been using this for over a year, and it has never failed. Easy to set up most generic bluetooth stacks work fine to install
    Cons:
    No drivers or installation included, and does not work with Macs but anything microsoft xp and up works fine, plug and play if ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    OK, but small

posted by ky145 on 01/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    These units feel quite sturdy. Ordered 5 and each worked just fine with my UV-5Rs and 888s'. Speaker and mic work fine, there is even an LED to tell you when you are transmitting
    Cons:
    These things are TINY, my hands are obviously too big to use these for long periods of time, but for just clipping to a strap f...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections