• Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent driver, can actually give 800ma from a aa

posted by laser123 on 06/11/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I am amazed at this driver, it can boost the voltage of a aa and still deliver 800ma, that is amazing, the modes are nice and allow for alot of versatility. Using this driver and a good quality ni-mh(alkalines cant handle the current draw so are able to act...
    Cons:
    As stated in other reviews the diameter is slightly bigger than 16 ma so it does take some filing down to fit in most aa flashl...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent charger, does what its meant to do.

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It can recharge either rcr123a's or by using the included plastic peice with metal contacts you can charge cr2's. It seems to be a somewhat "smart" charger, if i put not fully depleted batteries in there it doesnt take as long to charge so it seem...
    Cons:
    It seems very cheap, like its going to break after a month but so far its been fine, i havent used it very much though, only ab...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    You will save tons of money with these.

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    At a local store they sell non rechargable cr2's for $15 each! That is insane, i was able to buy two rechargable cr2's for less than 1/4 the cost of one non rechargable. These are small, smaller than i expected but work great in my 200mw red laser from here.
    Cons:
    When i got these i was worried because one battery constantly died much faster than the other one and i though i would have to ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great price and burns very well

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is super cheap for how much power this has, the focusing is very handy, you can point it at anything at almost any distance than just focus it to a small dot and it will just start smoking like crazy. Also since the entire laser is made of metal it can ...
    Cons:
    The only con i can find is that the threads are very rough but its not too bad, and since the batteries last so long it doesnt ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice texture and build quality.

posted by laser123 on 04/16/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Its built extremely good, it is made of of solid aluminum which helps to enhance heat-sinking. The coating on it is very good, it is a medium orange peel and very shiny. Also the hole where the led goes is the perfect size for cree's, and because of that ...
    Cons:
    So far i haven't found any con. Well maybe theres one, i should of ordered this sooner :D.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Okay but nothing spectacular.

posted by laser123 on 03/11/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It runs off only 3v, its enough light to see in the dark. The reflector is textured and made of aluminum, the reflector also cleans up the output very well.
    Cons:
    It is not very bright at all, the beam still has an ovalish shape because the length of the filament. The bulb cannot be remov...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice and bright light at an excellent cost.

posted by laser123 on 03/06/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Its super cheap for how many you get. Its very bright for how small it is, its enough to illuminate my entire garage at night and even suitable for walking outside. You can use the button for momentary light or slide the switch for constant light. There ...
    Cons:
    The led's are not as bluish as most 5mm ones but still they have a slight tint of blue, i want some 5mm led's that have the col...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super cheap and really burn resistant.

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Its a super cheap pad to clean a soldering iron with (which you should do as often as possible to keep the tip lasting a long time). It can be either used dry or soaked in water. The texture on most of them is very rough which helps to clean the tip great.
    Cons:
    One about 3 of them the texture is not very rough and on one of them it is completely smooth making it hard to clean the tip with.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap light, looks nice.

Pros:
    Its a nice looking light with 2 led's to provide more output than just one, its about the same brightness as the 22000mcd keychain and it is smaller than i thought, which is a good thing.
    Cons:
    The heart button on the bottom can fall inside of it, when pressed on it will wiggle around and it took me awhile to get it bac...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super small light with a convenient clip.

posted by laser123 on 03/05/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Its small, uses an aaa which is easy to find. Its made out of metal and feels very sturdy. At first i thought the clip on it would be annoying but i found out that its actually very handy, it keeps it from falling down in your pocket where its hard to get.
    Cons:
    The led does have a bluish tint to it but its not that bad, the lens on it has some small scratches on it but doenst affect out...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections