• Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does the job.

posted by macduck1935 on 10/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great idea. Rechargeable AA batteries are much easier to find than D size. Most chargers are AA or/and AAA, and are readily available. The AA batteries were easy to load and fitted well. I'm no expert but I think the storage capacity of 4 2300 ma. AA batter...
    Cons:
    Tried this in a portable radio which uses 4 D size batteries. It worked well but the recharging process is tedious. You need ei...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    you get what you pay for

posted by macduck1935 on 10/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Inexpensive gadget which doesn't seem to do much. Shows lots of apparent tv sources but, when accessed, most seem to be either "off air" or not available. For some reason, which I cannot yet understand, the sub menus all revert to Chinese, even wh...
    Cons:
    Either this device is too difficult to use effectively by the novice user without some kind of instruction booklet or does not ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    So far,so good

posted by macduck1935 on 10/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Solid construction. Simple operation. Battery life seems quite good. Re-charging is easy and relatively fast ( 3 hours or less ). But where is the charge level indicator? I would happily pay a little more for this feature. The LED light seems too small for ...
    Cons:
    I have doubts about the longevity of the round filament and the LED light is of no apparent value. Could it not be changed to g...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value

posted by macduck1935 on 10/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Sturdy metal construction. The finish is of a much higher quality than one would normally expect to find in a product in this price range. The viewing port provides an easy and accurate way of determining fuel level. The flame adjustment screw is both preci...
    Cons:
    I am puzzled by the LED light. It appears to be too small to have any real practical application. I would think it causes a sma...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections