• Price: 3
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    fits Fenix PD30

posted by mattp409 on 03/25/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Well it makes a flashlight a lantern. Its not a dome but more of a donut. I like it because its a little smaller than a film bottle. It has a lanyard attachment point.
    Cons:
    Its not really a big deal but i wish it attached itself more solidly to the flashlight head. i guess it would be compatible wit...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great headlight for price.

posted by mattp409 on 06/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Well as with all these products you have to compare it to the more expensive stuff it is fashioned after. Took this light on a five day backpacking trip and it really worked well. First of all it was brighter than my old Petzl which I loaned to my girlfrien...
    Cons:
    Its modes are useless. Wish it was one mode. The first click is "low" and the second is "high" but their vi...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Well made but disappointing brightness.

posted by mattp409 on 04/24/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Once you have this light in your hand you can tell its really well machined. Has the best threads out of any of the lightsI have gotten on Deal Extreme. The clicky is positive and feels good on the finger. I also like the glowing o rings and switch boot.
    Cons:
    The only con with this light is that its not that bright. Judging from the forums I would say i have one of the newer less desi...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 2
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very fun to play with. Exceptional range

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This light is a bright and throws extremely far. It projects an image of the LED. It has a very nice user interface. I like its only the 3 modes that I use. HIgh>med> Strobe. Works great in the city with lots of other lights around. Can almost be used as a...
    Cons:
    Its pretty pricey. There were a few little nicks on the body due to shipping in bubble wrap. see below for cons.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as a cheap solution.

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I used this to mount a flashlight to my shotgun. I wasn't shooting with it but wanted something just for target identification. It was actually pretty well made considering what it is. The "block" in the middle is a soft enough rubber that it grips whateve...
    Cons:
    The velcro straps are pretty long. Some might find it necessary to trim them to length. Its not really a con
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Did not work for me

posted by mattp409 on 04/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    None that I can think of.
    Cons:
    I knew they were refillable but I didn't know they were actually EMPTY. When i got them one of them had the little circuit boar...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little light

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Well the best part of this light has got to be the size and brightness. For a single AAA it is much brighter than my expectations. I also have the "Tank 007 AAA light" they are definitely comparable. The tank is just a tad bit smaller because the head is no...
    Cons:
    Its very lightweight. It almost feels like you could break it in your hands. The threads are large and not very well machined. ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I was hoping for brighter but still like it

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Well it pulls very little energy. I guess that more important than anything here. I mean if everyone replaced one standard bulb with one of these It would change the world man. Its a warm pinkish hue that is really soft on the eyes.
    Cons:
    Well it is not as bright as I expected. I also didn't have high expectations. It would work great as some kind of accent light...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent glowing o ring

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Well they are essentially what they sound like and they do the job. They glow pretty well but in order to really see it you need to actually charge it.
    Cons:
    They dont glow like the 2nd generation of glow in the dark products that are out there but they do glow decent enough. I have n...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little case

posted by mattp409 on 04/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is definitely worth buying. It solves a common battery problem. I would say make sure you order many of them because if you have a lot of batteries you will be upset when you realize that they dont all fit. You can fit 4 123s or 2 18650 but also 2 123s...
    Cons:
    Maybe that the latch opens down. If the side with the logo on it is considered the top, then the latch has to be pushed downwar...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections