• Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not too bad for Sciphone N21

posted by metro1000 on 12/17/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap, offers good protection when phone is dropped,holes quite accurately positioned when tested with genuine iphone 3Gs,magnetic catch very good,stiching is well done.
    Cons:
    Rather poor, thin material will not look good for long,showing some tiny splits already.worst thing is that a real iphone 3Gs i...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Product

posted by metro1000 on 09/14/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Capacity is as good as original batteries of this size.Very good set of parts to get a good fit."thick" self adhesive padding for width and height and "thin" for thickness and fine adjustment. Connector strip is self adhesive too, making...
    Cons:
    There are not many, but beware that because the battery does not have indents if the connector is in the centre, you need to b...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works

posted by metro1000 on 02/13/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Works for the purpose intended,speed seems unaffected in normal daily use. claims to be able to "break the 137GB barrier". I will be testing this on an old motherboard soon.
    Cons:
    Not very robust when mounted on the HDD, will be OK when in the case but fragile when out of it.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Fine

posted by metro1000 on 09/07/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works OK, use for testing out-of-laptop or permanent solution. Quality good. "Loopthrough" for floppy power supply, although this is probably a ggod use of a redundant power connector now nobody uses them.
    Cons:
    Soldered pins on 44pin connector end up a bit close to the case even with the provided stand offs. Use insulation tape to be su...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    OK for Vista and Linux

posted by metro1000 on 09/06/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    No drivers needed for Vista, Installs itself as "Linksys Wireless G Notebook adapter with speedbooster" without needing to connect to anything.Checking the driver files reveals it to use the common Broadcom 4320 chipset, drivers for which are in t...
    Cons:
    All the flashing lights are the same colour (green)! There are NO printed instructions, but who needs them. Drivers on a tiny C...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Fine With Intel Devices

posted by metro1000 on 09/06/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a "hardware" adaption only, the electronics on the board are just for voltage changing, so no driver issues. I have only tested with an Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG from a broken laptop and it works just fine. Because it is a hardware adapti...
    Cons:
    There are no cons really, just not clear why you would want one. I got it simply to use a salvaged laptop card in a desk top, a...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good-works on numerous types

posted by metro1000 on 08/16/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Much cheaper than BB5 Nokia unlocking. Works on BB5 Nokia locked "3" phones in the UK. Works on Motorola V500 (old phone) and also on the "newer" V3i . The V3i was not listed as working but it does. (note V3i will always show the "r...
    Cons:
    Be careful when putting into phones with a slot holder (such as the V3i) It can be tricky to get back out again without causing...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful, Variable quality

posted by metro1000 on 06/14/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Probably works with a lot of Samsung phones. Also works with some CECT China phones that use the Samsung connector. Mine is used with a CECT M8600. I use to connect to the car stereo as well as other headphones. Low Price.
    Cons:
    Quality a bit poor on the one I got. One of the connections in the phone end was not soldered. Fixed easily enough by soldering...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Value If You Need Dual SIM

posted by metro1000 on 06/14/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Pleasant bright and sensitive touch screen. Main menu is easy to use. I use a CECT phone for daily use and this has similar set up. Unlike the CECT you can use GPRS on both master and slave SIMs. MP3 player is pretty good as it is on most China phones. Easy...
    Cons:
    Camera is poor, as it is on most China phones, but at least it does not claim to be good. Settings imply that it is 1M pixel. I...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value product

posted by metro1000 on 01/17/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to set up, battery life good, audio quality good, build is good too. Microphone and noise cancelling work well. Range as stated.
    Cons:
    Headphones supplied are a bit "lifeless"
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections