• Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap good quality Mega

posted by mrf604 on 03/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works well, but I bought simply on cost. I wasn't aware that the current version of the Mega uses an ATmega2560. This board uses the ATmega1280. I guess this is a clone of the original Mega. None the less it's still a really good buy. I ran a number of...
    Cons:
    None, but I would probably get a ATmega2560 version if I buy another.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Hey I made a mistake about this board.

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I forgot that I bought the board as a bare board. I had commented about the supplied header pins not being long enough. It doesn't come with pins. Sorry about that. I bought the pins separately from DX. SKU: 144191. They were too short.
    Cons:
    None. Buy longer pins.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great relay board for the money

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    How can you go wrong? Eight relays for $14. I don't think you could even buy the relays as parts for that price. Then having the drivers, Screw Terminals and PCB included makes this an incredible buy. The Aruino easily drives the inputs. Each input has...
    Cons:
    It's a little larger than an Arduino Shield. It doesn't attach to the Arduino as a shield. You'll have to use header jumpers f...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality. Offers good layout choices.

Pros:
    I bought 5 of these and I've already used all of them. I should have bought more. My project required mounting two 16 pin Dips. The board only provides area for 1 dip package, but the multitude of other holes easily allowed me to mount the 2nd chip. In ...
    Cons:
    The supplied header strips are very short. They would work well for most shield projects, but mine is used on top of an Ethern...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good buy. Easy to configure. Bright easy to read display

Pros:
    I bought this to play with LCD code. Worked right away. I saw some comments on the WEB about some of these devices missing a resistor on the backlight display circuit. Mine came with the resistor installed. I found a lot of info about this product at ht...
    Cons:
    There was a little bit of solder flux residue on the back side of the board. It easily cleaned up with a cotton swap and alcohol.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great servo for the money. Build quality seems good.

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought 2 of these to add to my "Arduino Kit". I've successfully used them to test sample sketches. They work great. The build quality is good. They are a little smaller than I had expected. They come with several arm attachments and mount...
    Cons:
    None other than there is no separate bracket to attach the servo to your project. Each servo does have mounting holes, but a s...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections