• Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Smells awful - works great

posted by ncc74656m on 05/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    If you can stand the smell of whatever goo this thing is coated with to stick, it's a great little pad. I was able to toss my phone right on it on my dashboard and hang corners with no problem - the phone remained in place. It's cheap, and works.
    Cons:
    Unfortunately, it stinks. It smells horrid, the smell sticks to everything, especially your hands. It wasn't worth the usefulne...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap, does the job

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's a dirt cheap 18650 charger, but it works, and it works well at that. I bought it for my Cree flashlight which has an internal charger, but for which I have limited connections available.
    Cons:
    The build quality on it is pretty much garbage. It holds up to use and storage, but I won't be surprised if it broke in a stiff...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good cable for basic charging

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A nice cheap cable for charging certain devices, including digital watches and other devices. Quality is acceptable for what it is.
    Cons:
    Not what I needed, but that's not the device's fault. I was looking for a cable to use with the rechargable Cree flashlights fo...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Emergency Cell Charger

posted by ncc74656m on 01/16/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    For a "cheap" cell charger, it's unbelievable how good this thing feels. I only played with it for a few minutes when I got it, but it seems to work fine, and I can't overstate the importance of something like this when you really need it. Remembe...
    Cons:
    None apparent.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Replacement for Thick Thermal Pads

Pros:
    These little guys may look pointless, but unfortunately, they are more necessary than most people give them credit for. Many laptop manufacturers resort to using thick thermal 'pads' to help transfer heat from secondary chips (GPU, Bridges), and even the CP...
    Cons:
    Not the best quality control, I don't think they are very accurate, but with 10 in a pack, you just find the one that fits best...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Replacement for Thick Thermal Pads

Pros:
    These little guys may look pointless, but unfortunately, they are more necessary than most people give them credit for. Many laptop manufacturers resort to using thick thermal 'pads' to help transfer heat from secondary chips (GPU, Bridges), and even the CP...
    Cons:
    Not the best quality control, I don't think they are very accurate, but with 10 in a pack, you just find the one that fits best...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect Cheap Heatsinks

Pros:
    A good cheap set of stick-on heat sinks for small chips. I installed these on a router that was provided to me by TWC that was chronically overheating. That in conjunction with a small fan hot-glued to the exhaust vents have made it super stable.
    Cons:
    They could be designed with more fins which would increase their cooling capacity and a better thermal tape, but for the price ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Li-Ion 14500's!!!

posted by ncc74656m on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    When you need a good pair of Li-Ion batteries, look no further than TrustFire. I have been using these guys for a while with my lightsaber projects, and now in modding my Nerf guns. You can't really go wrong with these things. Cheap, quality, they hold thei...
    Cons:
    None come to mind!
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ridiculously Bright

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Wow, for only 370 LM (rated), this thing is ridiculously bright. The in-hilt recharge function is just amazing, too. It works, seems to work well at that, and it makes me very happy. Quality construction, low price, feature rich... How can you lose?
    Cons:
    None that come to mind!
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright little suckers

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap, bright, quality pieces. I gave a few to friends for their keychains, and then put the rest in my emergency bag in my car. It's a nice simple way to ensure that I'll have a light whenever I need it.
    Cons:
    None that I can think of.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections