• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap Primaries

posted by neilf1999 on 11/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I've ordered these batteries a number of times. I use them in my homes fire, smoke and Carbon Dioxide detectors. They are half the cost of the Primaries I can buy at my local stores. They seem to last about 2 yrs before they need to be replaced. I haven't t...
    Cons:
    None that I've run in to.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    No Complaints

posted by neilf1999 on 11/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is my fourth order for these CR123A rechargeable batteries. They are protected, so you don't have to worry about over draining or over charging them. They work great in my Flashlights.
    Cons:
    I really don't have any cons, other than if they could maintain the current quality and cost and increase the capacity a few hu...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy Gadget

posted by neilf1999 on 11/24/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Small, handy gadget to keep with your laptop, just in case you need it. For $2.54, it is cheap insurance. It worked find on my SD and MicroSD cards, making it easier to extract pictures, rather than using the camera driver to download photos from the camera...
    Cons:
    None to mention.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Why pay the big bucks

posted by neilf1999 on 06/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This shrink tubing is the same as the stuff you buy at Radio Shack for $5/piece. The variety of sizes makes it handy for most situations. It works well and the 0.8mm size is almost impossible to find in small, home use quantities. The 0.8mm is good for 28-3...
    Cons:
    I haven't found anything negative about the tubing. It works like it is suppose to, shrinks uniformly and tightly when used wit...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for .22s

posted by neilf1999 on 06/15/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Fits both 20mm (Weaver) and by flipping over the rails, it fits 11mm dovetail mounts (The Logo may be upside down, but that is a minor aesthetic issue rather than an operational issue). The green dot is very bright, so it works great in full sunshine. The r...
    Cons:
    As you change the intensity of the dot, you'll notice that their isn't much of a difference between settings. This is true in b...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good Buy if you Need Primaries

posted by neilf1999 on 11/03/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I bought a few sets of these as backups. Normally I use the rechargable RCR123, and use a LI-ion charger, but I just keep these in a drawer as backup when I forget to put batteries in the charger.
    Cons:
    No cons at all. You may be able to find CR123s for cheaper money in the US, but when you add shipping costs, they start to get ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bought 4 More Sets

Pros:
    I bought 3 pairs of these last year and decided to buy more to keep on hand when needed. These are great batteries for the price. They charge well and have reasonable capacity.
    Cons:
    None.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice Little Light

Pros:
    As everyone has said, it takes AAA, CR123, RCR123 and 18650 batteries. Build quality is good. The tail cap, lens have o-rings, but don't know how well they will survive being used in a wet environment.
    Cons:
    The 123 batteries extend past the end of the tube and you have to tightly crank down on the tail cap to make good contact. The ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Deal

posted by neilf1999 on 09/18/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Nice, Inexpensive, IR Camera. Currently running on a Laptop using Windows Vista Home (32). Laptop handles it fine. Despite what some of the reviews say (including comments from DX), it DOES come equipped with an built-in microphone. So, for $20, you get a P...
    Cons:
    No button for capturing a single frame like some cameras are equipped with. Also, the switch on the back of the camera isn't la...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Much smaller than they appear

posted by neilf1999 on 08/13/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    They are cheap and work as advertised. They are easy to cut to shape and size, as required and if you aren't happy with their thickness you can stack multiples to build up the height. You get 5 of each shape.
    Cons:
    They are much smaller than they appear in the photos. Make sure you note the dimensions listed. The rectangular sponges are aro...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections