• Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Battery

posted by old4570 on 09/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    A decent battery. I tested @ 1A charge and discharge making no attempt to top up the batteries and got some 1900+mA from both cells. I also tested them for overall discharge capability in some 5 AA flashlights, and the BTone performed very well.
    Cons:
    Only thing I can think of its English Packaging .
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice AA light

posted by old4570 on 03/28/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    A very nice AA light , well built , good finish , feels good in the hand . I was initially pleased with the light , though I was expecting better performance from the XP-G R5
    Cons:
    Output VS current = rather poor output for a XP-G R5 . WARNING , 14500 may kill the driver , I tried a 14500 and the driver is ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Has potential

posted by old4570 on 12/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Well anodized Nicely cut threads No battery slop Very nice clip , sturdy .
    Cons:
    Tail clicky is recessed to deep , will not thumb activate . Reflector + lens were lose Pill glued Clicky switch is low qua...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    For the price , possibly the best

posted by old4570 on 11/30/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very nice build quality for the price , no issues .. Put the battery in and it worked . Nice clicky switch Nice threads O rings in the body joins No O ring at lens Nice even anodizing nice knurling
    Cons:
    None I can think of ..
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good

posted by old4570 on 10/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good quality for the price , nice solid clicky switch ... Well put together and has a clip . [ gee $3 and a clip ]
    Cons:
    I got 10Lumen output and 300mA current drain with a Alkaline AAA , this is a lot of current for 10Lumen . 5mm LED , its rather ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great !

posted by old4570 on 09/21/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    What a great little light , I was not expecting it to be so good , every now and again you come across a great buy , this is one of those .
    Cons:
    The pill was lose in the body , gave me an opportunity to cut some slots in it to make it easy to tighten and remove ..
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 1
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Keep Looking

posted by old4570 on 09/08/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Extremely High run time offered with this battery , easily outperforms the BRC3000 for run time .
    Cons:
    High internal resistance , bad for use in high performance lights .. From the two I got , one had the protection circuit die wh...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little Light

posted by old4570 on 08/24/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    What a great little light , I dont know why it flies under the radar ? I currently 3 of these A20's and they are fantastic .
    Cons:
    Still a little battery challenged , especially when using the longer 16340's , much improved since the first ones came out thou...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fast Charger

posted by old4570 on 05/21/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Its a very fast charger compared to others out there . Build quality seems to be good , and comes with cigarette adapter , making this a more useful charger . True dual channel charger thats capable of 1A per channel .. Current does tapper of as you get to ...
    Cons:
    Left Channel charges to 4.23volt and the right channel charges spot on 4.2v , I will have to mod the left channel to bring the ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not bad for the price

posted by old4570 on 05/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It works ! Build quality is ok for the price .
    Cons:
    Performance with a AA is next to useless , your far better of with a Cree AAA than this light . Possibly the worst AA light I h...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections