• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Better than some, good quality

posted by peter947 on 08/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good quality for price. Better (lower) power consumption than others. Quiet! I use it to circulate air in my camper fridge. Its great for that job. The fans blow air towards the mounting surface - that is better than blowing away from the mounting surface.
    Cons:
    Aluminium frame is a little weak, but once screwed into position at four points, this is not an issue at all.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great device. I now have 7 of them!

posted by peter947 on 01/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    These are great devices. I have them set up in three corridors and alcoves. I gave one to my son who uses it at a step-down in his house. I gave two to my elder daughter who likes them so much she is about to buy several more. She uses them near internal st...
    Cons:
    The cover, which has to be removed to change the batteries, has flimsy tags which will surely break one day. Other than that, n...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good quality, bright and easy to use

posted by peter947 on 09/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I needed some lights for my home staircase at night. Running four of these in series (in a string) and powering from a 12 V mains power pack with a dropper resistor to 10 V gives me a really good lighting effect that is so low power it can be left on 24/7.
    Cons:
    Cannot think of any issues. At US$5.34 they could be cheaper but really, great value for a quality unit that does my job very w...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Could be good if DX supplied working item

posted by peter947 on 07/20/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Would be good light output if it worked.
    Cons:
    Faulty on delivery. Goes dimmer as you switch more of the LEDs on. I have an RMA but this is not proving to be helpful. DX does...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections