• Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fun stuff to have for x-mas

posted by pzw001 on 08/18/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    When living in the southern hemisphere after growing up in the northern hemisphere, it can be nice to create some "winter feeling" during x-mas. Last year I tried getting this before x-mas, but it arrived too late. So now I just got it in the summer :-) I...
    Cons:
    It dries slowly but surely. So during x-mas (summer) I need to keep it "wet". It is a bit messy... Make sure kids or pets (do...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice gadget

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Does what it says. Cold water -> Blue Luke warm water -> Green "Hot" water -> Red No batteries required. Works on the water flow, so no batteries etc required.
    Cons:
    Limits the water flow too much. You can clearly hear the water driving the generator. (Makes a whining sound)\ Made of plastic...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent meter for a nice price

Pros:
    I own a few Fluke testers, but sometimes I need an extra tester. (Too many things to measure at the same time..) This is very decent tester for the price. It is not like my other ones, but for the price you pay it is very good. Build quality is good. Fo...
    Cons:
    It is not a Fluke ;-) . To do temperature measurements the dial has to be turned past the current measurement position. That m...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good iron for a good price

posted by pzw001 on 05/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is a for the price you pay a great soldering iron. Temperature control seems to work fine, the only "problem" is that there is no temperature scale on the dial so you do not really know what temperature it is set at. The temperature range is sufficien...
    Cons:
    Comes with an "US" 2 prong plug while it is rated at 220V. So you do need to change the plug. It works on 110V though, but with...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great price for good tweezers

posted by pzw001 on 05/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Price! They are very cheap, and I am surprised about the quality of the tweezers. Very unlike "cheap" Chinese products these actually are well made tweezers.
    Cons:
    Be careful, the tips are very sharp!
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice price, but cable doesn't fit?

posted by pzw001 on 05/07/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I ordered 2 of the packs of 100 pcs. You can not beat the price!
    Cons:
    I am unable to find any cable which actually fits in the connector. I tried several factory assembled cables, cut them in half ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    4W lamp with a 2W powersupply????

posted by pzw001 on 01/19/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The bulbs are relatively cheap, and if they would perform well it would be a great buy.
    Cons:
    I bought 10 of these together with 3x sku 47968 (3W / 6500K) and these bulbs have a lot lower light output then the other ones....
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections