• Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    More awesome than expected

posted by sandman333 on 07/24/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It has a very wide range of available frequencies, so you can surely find one that is available in your area. The frequency is stored so even when you pull it out or turn off the 12V socket the settings are retained.
    Cons:
    It gets a little hot when charging devices. I opened it up to see why, and it uses very inefficient parts. When charging Fire...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very strong pull, but fragile magnets

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very strong and fun to play with. They have many uses. My latest is combining them with some steel on my table to hold up my apple remote near my bed.
    Cons:
    Fragile. They are smaller than I expected, but I didn't really think about how small 8 mm really is. I find myself losing th...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Lots of well-executed features.

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Offers many different kinds of data, and it can cycle (haha!) through them automatically. The mount holds the device well, and the sensor mount is very versatile.
    Cons:
    The contacts to connect the sensor to the device are not very reliable. Mine often do not make a good connection. Top fix it ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice flashlight

Pros:
    It is a decent light with a very reliable switch. The connectivity is much more solid than on some of my more expensive flashlights. The LED end is easily dismantled. Access to the reflector, lens, and LED is granted by removing the head and pushing on t...
    Cons:
    The tailcap is not easily removeable, in fact I have not managed to replace it with a glow-in-the-dark one, even though they ar...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice product

Pros:
    Inexpensive and offers good cooling. Both a power switch and a speed knob can be used to control it.
    Cons:
    I have only used it on a desk, but I don't think it would be a good lap product. The bright blue light can become a bit annoyi...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice product, shoddy craftsmanship

Pros:
    It is a nice and inexpensive seven port hub. I finally have spare USB ports to plug in multiple flash drives.
    Cons:
    Mine had some sort of electrical fault whenever the metal case was on. There is probably a short or just enough capacitance to...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent, does its job well

posted by sandman333 on 01/11/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very cheap, and there are a couple useful modes on the taillight. The lights are excellent for letting people know you are there while riding at night.
    Cons:
    The headlight could be brighter, and the taillight has too many modes (in my opinion). (all on, strobe all fast, strobe all sl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice and cheap, very bright

Pros:
    Incredibly bright, and easy to open up if it starts to fail.
    Cons:
    The heart shaped button can stick under the white casing. Also, the connections inside are not very solid.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice to have around

Pros:
    Small space to store in, adjustable to many different lengths.
    Cons:
    I expect the adjusting and retracting mechanism will eventuall fail, but it hasn't yet, and I hope it never will.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Incredible light

posted by sandman333 on 11/12/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Quite bright laser and LED. I added the 4th battery to mine and it is definitely my favorite thing to have come from DX.
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections