mikeham

41 19

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • Interesting

posted bymikeham on 02/16/2012

Well made dog whistle, great build quality. Seems identical to very a famous brand (Google "silent dog whistle") that sells for up to $100 (!) It's not silent, nor is it ultrasonic. The maximum frequency is about 9KHz, which all but the deafest ... Read more

5 0

• Exactly what I wanted, and at a bargain price

posted bymikeham on 02/16/2012

short, well-made USB extension cable. Bulkrate discount for 5 is currently 96 cents each including shipping ! not a con, but be sure that you understand that this is a short cable, slightly over 11 inches (28cm) from tip to tip I bought 5 of these specifically ... Read more

0 0

• Perfect for getting started with Arduino

posted bymikeham on 01/15/2012

Worked first time. Downloaded the (free) Arduino IDE from arduino.cc, plugged the Nano into a solderless breadboard, connected it to my PC (Windows 7 64-bit) with the supplied USB cable. In the first hour I had an external LED blinker, Morse code generator,... Read more

0 0

• You'll be surprised at how much hair is removed

posted bymikeham on 01/06/2012

Removes huge quantities of hair without tugging or snagging. Useful push-button clears hairs from the comb. Solid, heavy build quality. None, but don't overdo it as you could easily end up with almost bald patches on your dog's coat My dog is a Border ... Read more

0 0

• Very useful soldering iron

posted bymikeham on 10/11/2011

Temperature range (according to dial) 200-450 C. Heats rapidly. Red LED lights until temperature reached. Build quality is sufficiently solid. Includes grounding lead with clip for when handling sensitive parts. Transparent body shows the internal components.... Read more

1 0

• A keeper

posted bymikeham on 09/09/2011

Good sound, sturdy build quality, transmit LED, solid feel to the PTT switch, has clip on back. None. Although other purchasers have reported that the coiled cable is stiff, I have no complaints about mine. Some have found the clip a little weak, but ... Read more

0 0

• Great value antenna for radio hams

posted bymikeham on 07/14/2011

Fantastic value for this sturdy little rubber duck antenna. Covers 2 meters and 70 cm, usable for receive on other frequencies. Good build quality. None at all DX pictures show a "Nagoya" brand. Mine is "Diamond", RH701. Package claims ... Read more

5 0

• Used only once so far, but so glad I had it

posted bymikeham on 05/15/2011

Case is solid enough to survive being sat on while in your wallet. Pen worked fine first time, didn't need to heat it. Tools are adequate for light purposes. Knife and scissors are sufficiently sharp. Scissors spring was OK in my unit. The needle is just ... Read more

0 0

• Pack of two neat little timepieces

posted bymikeham on 01/18/2011

Neat little time and date gadget for your keyring - and you get two ! No instructions (but it's not too hard to work out what the buttons do); display very easily scratched if kept on keyring in your pocket; not really what I would think of as a watch.... Read more

0 0

• Good

posted bymikeham on 01/02/2011

Surprisingly comfortable headphones with acceptable frequency response for listening to music. Very light. Adjustable headband. Build quality adequate. Headphones miswired on my unit - left and right are around the wrong way. Not super high fidelity, ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections