realblades

10 8

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • Quick 3.3V regulator modules

posted byrealblades on 04/25/2013

Works. Small ready to run 3.3 V regulator for microcontroller or other logic. Known chip with good data and clear markings. Decent looking board. Received ones are different than product picture with the pin order reversed. So, with ground inputs... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Very reasonably priced USBasp clone

posted byrealblades on 11/02/2012

Best price for an USB AVR programmer, or at least near as makes no difference. Identifies as 16c0:05dc like it should. Solid enough build, connectors and transparent sock. No documentation, datasheets, schematics etc. Only 10-pin cable included. I... Read more

1 0

ViewMore Hide

• Your basic terminal

posted byrealblades on 10/23/2012

A few that I've tried worked fine. Rest look good. Seems decent enough quality. They have little grooves for attaching pairs together to form longer strips. Easily soldered pins. Combination slot and cross screws (3.5mm dia). Somewhat flimsy and a... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Nice hands-off entry into class D

posted byrealblades on 10/22/2012

Handy no-expensive-parts amplifier board. Works. Quite well marked connectors on silkscreen. Datasheet for the chip is available and quite readable. Good commentary available here and on certain hobbyist websites. I haven't managed to make it heat... Read more

1 0

ViewMore Hide

• All right

posted byrealblades on 10/22/2012

Arrived in 18 days. Works. Pretty sturdy circuit board with evenly set LEDs, resist layer and current limiting resistors (150 ohm). Decent price. Somewhat flimsy cable. I expect people will quickly solder a suitable one for themselves. Funnily a I... Read more

1 0

ViewMore Hide

• Smart little light

posted byrealblades on 10/27/2010

Excellent small flashlight. Very reasonably priced. Running white off one AAA means it has a switchmode regulator. It does work with NiMH. It comes apart easily and goes and stays together well. You can see the chip in the reflector, so that is It... Read more

2 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cheap probe (not something you see elsewhere)

posted byrealblades on 05/02/2010

Very inexpensive compared to normal sources. (That's why you're looking at this anyway, isn't it?) Came loosely coiled and intact. Stylish black, has all the necessary features for a probe of this type: cap with hook, 1X/10X switch, calibration to... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Tools

posted byrealblades on 03/27/2010

They seem solid and strong. Much harder metal than I expected. They don't look made to pretend to be tools. They look to be made to certain needs each one. Scraping, levering, reaming, holding... The description will give you very little idea of I... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Solid inexpensive tweezers

posted byrealblades on 03/27/2010

These are very solid and very cheap. For some reason today, if you buy tweezers, you get these floppy springy things that twist and drop things and slip. They look good, but just don't work. Having sharp ones is nice occasionally but I was that Of... Read more

3 0

ViewMore Hide

• Handy

posted byrealblades on 11/18/2009

They cut well and the spring snaps them back to the open position quickly but not too quickly. Very solid and tool-like feel and appearance. Very reasonably priced. There is some roughness to the finishing and the plastic pocket came completely of... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere