DX » Community » Reviews » gigamegawatts's reviews
Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • Worth the higher price

posted bygigamegawatts on 07/09/2015

These are more expensive than most 18650s, but they are much higher capacity. I measured the batteries capacity with a Powerfocus BT-C3100, and the capacity really is about 3000 mAh. This seems unusual for a 18650 battery -- others I tested were a... Read more

Impression: Quality;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Works great, but look out for the narrow pins

posted bygigamegawatts on 01/12/2015

This is by far the lowest price I've seen for an I2C temperature/humidity sensor. It appears to be a Dorji DSHT01 - or something identical - so it's well documented in Dorji's datasheet. You can find sample code there, or use the code from TH02 It... Read more

Impression: Great quality, price;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Works as expected when you need to convert an extender to an A-to-A cable

posted bygigamegawatts on 11/25/2013

For some reason, A-to-A USB cables are becoming hard to find, but extenders are still common. For the relatively infrequent times you need an A-to-A cable, this is an easy way to convert an extender. The quality seems fine - I was suspicious about... Read more

1 0

ViewMore Hide

• Great value, but a little flakey

This is an amazingly low price, and the device does work as expected. I haven't noticed any problems with the sharpness of the video signal, and haven't found any video sources that it isn't compatible with. The device is small and convenient for... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Works very well when it works at all

I own a lot of solar toys, and this is one of the best working: it doesn't take much light to get the cat going. The motion is quite eye-catching, unlike the subtle nodding of some other solar toys. I ordered 3, and one of them was dead on When I... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Great price and handy multi-voltage feature

posted bygigamegawatts on 06/01/2013

This appears to be the real deal: works as expected for a BMP085 chip. This is the best price that I've seen for a BMP085 breakout board. The support for 3.3v is a very important for the increasingly common 3.3v platforms like the Raspberry Pi. 5v... Read more

1 0

ViewMore Hide

• Great quality, incredible price

posted bygigamegawatts on 06/01/2013

Has all the features that I need for electronics projects: 3.3v and 5v outputs, USB output, on/off switch. Can switch between 3.3/5v/off independently on either end of the board Adds extra 4 ground and 4 voltage pins on topside of the board, it is... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Feature-packed LCD with good software support

posted bygigamegawatts on 05/26/2013

This is identical to the TFT01-2.4 LCD sold by ElecFreaks. You'll find tech specs and sample code on their web site. Compatible with the awesome UTFT library, with supports Arduinos, Chipkit (PIC) and some ARM processors. Specify the S6D1121 parm... Read more

5 0

ViewMore Hide

• A Big Hat for Big Heads

posted bygigamegawatts on 03/14/2013

This is a nice, roomy cap for people with big heads, like me. The front part of the hat is soft -- no plastic insert or mesh -- and the back has a long Velcro band. So, my head doesn't feel squeezed as it does in most baseball caps. Build quality... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Inexpensive drop-in replacement for DHT21

posted bygigamegawatts on 02/18/2013

This is a drop-in replacement for the common DHT22 (aka RHT02) temperature/humidity sensor, but at half the price. I tried replacing a DHT21 in a sensor with this one, and the temperature and humidity readings are in-line with the DHT21. No so far... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere