mjv00

12 11

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • Ceramic lamp holders work fine

posted bymjv00 on 09/09/2016

I used these as replacements in a range hood that had 20W halogen bulbs which had overheated and charred the lamp holders. I also moved to LEDs. Seem to work fine. Impressively cheap.

Impression: cheap;

3 0

ViewMore Hide

• Indicator LEDs cheap and cheerful

LEDs seem to be quite expensive if bought individually. This bulk bag has an assortment of colours and I find 5mm LEDs great as indicators. I bought two bags and when I run out I'll buy more. Awesome.

Impression: Cheap bulk LEDs;

2 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cheap DS18B20 sensors work fine

I have bought these a number of times now. They seem to work fine and are quite a lot cheaper than my local suppliers.

Impression: perfect;

2 0

ViewMore Hide

• So many digits so little money

Not sure of the absolute accuracy, but appears to work well. Great if you want to see if a voltage is varying. I plan to use it to measure a battery bank that will only change voltage very slowly so a three digit meter would not be able to show is... Read more

Impression: Very impressive for the price;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cheap but seems to work fine

Rather poor quality construction but does appear to work and the price is low. I bought one just to have in case. It appears to just cycle power down each conductor so you get an idea if there is a break or the ordering of wires is incorrect. do... Read more

Impression: Useful;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• RXB8 offers impressive performance

Have tested quite a few different 433MHz receivers from numerous suppliers. I have found the RXB8 to be up there first equal with the RXB6. That means, indoors around 15m range. Alas in the search for cheap modules I bought two RXB8 from DX. (well... Read more

Impression: Impressive performance;

2 0

ViewMore Hide

• AAA powered compact high/low/flash lantern

posted bymjv00 on 03/13/2016

Nice that it can be hung from a ring inside a tent. High and low modes should both be useful. Flash is nice and bright Seems quite heavy for what it is - the outside is plastic but the tube into which the battery is inserted is metal. May be an to... Read more

Impression: Useful for wilderness;

1 0

ViewMore Hide

• Works with compact single AA torches

Nice quality pouch for single AA torches like SKU 206049 which I also bought. Fits nicely. Has stiched down loop for slipping over belt so it's not going to fall off no matter what. Also has a dome fastening if you want to pass it through that be... Read more

Impression: Decent quality;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Just like other AA torches, but UV

Has a button in tail - click on, click off. Initially had problems getting it to work. Tried cleaning contacts, different battery (both 1.5V alkaline) but no go. Checked switch, OK. Tried powering just the torch head from 3.6V bench supply and it... Read more

Impression: solid construction;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Great, but has a serious flaw

posted bymjv00 on 02/01/2015

Using the Arduino LCD library with the specific pinout as mentioned by other people on here I had a test program up and running with an UNO in 5 minutes. Great! Great value for money. The only downside I see is that the board has a bug. D10 is so... Read more

Impression: good;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere