robbage

34 62

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • Simple and effective

posted byrobbage on 08/25/2017

Simple to use. Works ok with phones and small tabs. Folds down very flat to fit inside tablet cover etc.

Impression: Convenient;

27 0

ViewMore Hide

• Reliable, standard chipset

posted byrobbage on 08/25/2017

I bought several of these. They all still work fine. Standard chipset with up-to-date drivers on the Realtek website. Works fine on Windows 7 x64 and Linux. You don't want this product if you want to connect 5GHz

Impression: excellent,Reliable;

28 0

ViewMore Hide

• More like 2 watts

posted byrobbage on 10/01/2015

At 12v the ones I tested draw around 150 mA (1.8 watts) At 13v, around 192mA (2.5 watts) Good luck getting these to 9w from your car battery.

Impression: Not 9 watts;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Packs a punch

posted byrobbage on 09/09/2015

Small, light, bright. Recharge from PC or USB charger. Variable brightness. Much better than the cheap junk from the grocery store.

Impression: Very good;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• More info needed

posted byrobbage on 09/09/2015

It works. However: No way to connect 5 volts other than through the USB connector which sticks out sideways and uses up a lot of space. No explanation what the battery connector is for (What type of battery? LiPo? Is it charged? Is it for backup?... Read more

Impression: OK. More info would have been good;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Also suitable for Huawei G510

posted byrobbage on 06/19/2015

My G510 fits well. Easy to attach to belt even when you're already wearing the belt. Easy to get the phone in and out with one hand. Magnetic flap prevents the phone falling out when you lean over. Well worth the cost

Impression: excellent;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Poor regulation

I set two of these up for 12v input to 5.1v output. After loading to 800mA, the output voltage dropped to 4.9v After loading to 1.5A the output voltage dropped to 4.7v. Completely useless if your load is variable. Should be ok if the load is The... Read more

Impression: Poor regulation;

2 0

ViewMore Hide

• Easy to wire. Gets very hot at 14v

The specified current is for 12v. At 14v the current is more like 600mA. Don't even think about running without a heat sink at 14v. I'm not sure you would want to go any higher than 14v either. Very easy to use multiple items from one power supply... Read more

Impression: compact;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Does what it is supposed to

The holes on one side don't line up with the mounting holes in the PC case. Had to bodgy it to get everything to line up. Once I sorted that out it works well. Haven't tested it with SSD or SATA3. Good-bye to 3.5" drives!

Impression: functional;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Will do the job but defintely not 3 watts

posted byrobbage on 06/10/2015

Mine works as expected, the wires are the correct polarity but definitely not 3 watts. At 12v I measure 78 mA which is 0.94 watts. At 14.4v I measure 133 mA which is 1.92 watts. Possibly not 3w LED, possibly wrong internal limiting resistor. I a... Read more

Impression: Works but not as described;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere