lindenaar

11 263

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • de-facto RTC module that works well

posted bylindenaar on 05/25/2017

Pro's: the de-facto standard RTC component for electronics projects, well supported, with EEPROM memory for storing data, all on I2C bus so only requires 2 data pins on your microcontroller. Con's: delivered without headers, so need to acquire and... Read more

Impression: good,standard component,well support;

23 0

ViewMore Hide

• Simple to integrate but BT Slave device only

Pros: BT module with serial interface, easy to integrate and well supported, configuration (e.g. BT name) can be changed through AT commands and are stored in memory. Module looks solid and is well-protected by its plastic cover. BT connectivity I... Read more

Impression: easy to integrate,BT Slave only;

27 0

ViewMore Hide

• Small form factor repeater in metal case

Pros: small case form factor, works out of the box, metal case looks great and is strong. Cons: None so far, just works

Impression: good,Small form factor,solid metal housing;

24 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cable that just works

Pros: short cable that just works Cons: connectors and cable is thin and looks cheap but so far no issues and HDMI devices I used are all working well

Impression: good;

22 0

ViewMore Hide

• Great to add WiFi to an Arduino/RPI but even better to program itself

Pros: out of the box firmware is easy to add WiFi to projects, module can be programmed itself to replace an Arduino (if only a few pins are needed), can be a soft-AP itself (also in dual mode), tiny form factor Cons: requires 3.3v power and level... Read more

Impression: Programmable,tiny form factor,easy to integrate;

23 0

ViewMore Hide

• Great to connect Arduino or Raspberrt Pi onto a cabled network

Pros: well-supported on Raspberry Pi (A/Zero as well as B) and Arduino, solid PCB with clear indications of the connections, LEDs indicate whether the network is connected. Cons: module is quite large and more expensive compare to WiFi modules a... Read more

Impression: stable and robust,well supported,supported by RPI and Arduino;

19 0

ViewMore Hide

• Easy and reliable way to add an RTC to your Raspberry Pi

Pros: very easy way to add a real time clock to your RaspBerry Pi; simply plugs on the GPIO port and sits there, very small and stable connector, supported by Raspbian out of the box (when you enable the right odules) Cons: quality is OK-ish, need... Read more

Impression: Easy to connect,tiny form factor,stable connector;

25 0

ViewMore Hide

• Ready to use board for projects

posted bylindenaar on 05/05/2017

Pros: very small form factors, many connections available, comes with headers soldered so ready to use. Cons: soldering of headers looks like it was done manually but no issues with it so far. Overall: great versatile board with a lot of for Low... Read more

Impression: versatile,ready to use,tiny form-factor;

24 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cheap tags that look solid and just work

posted bylindenaar on 04/22/2017

For my RFID project I ordered this set and they simply worked. Look solid and not easy to open (which I will need to do for my project at a later stage). Pros: come with keychain ring and seem durable Cons: none so far

Impression: Cheap,Small,Strong;

26 0

ViewMore Hide

• OK RFID reader with separate antenna, not very fast

posted bylindenaar on 04/22/2017

Works as it should and good solution when you need an RFID reader with separate antenna. Pros: easy to connect to when you have a serial (RS232) connection available, perfect for Arduino and RasPi project as it simply sends the recognised tags the... Read more

Impression: Small,flexible;

24 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere