willmore

9 3

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • Great WS2812B matrix

posted bywillmore on 12/17/2015

If you would like to experiment with a smart LED matrix, these boards are great. There are simple libraries to drive them on most SBCs (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.). You can do a lot more with a 4x4 array like this than you have with a simple of a... Read more

Impression: Bright;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Very helpful for using a breadboard with a Raspberry Pi

I kept putting off buying one of these, but the price of this item made me finally get one. They are well built and well labeled. The only issue I have with them is that you need an old style 40 pin IDE cable and there is no labeling as to what to... Read more

Impression: Useful;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Lots of fun

I purchased this with the intention to remove the processor and use my own code using a pin compatable ATmega8 processor, but the built in functionality is pretty good. It has a series of cute animations. My wife hates it because it's quite My... Read more

Impression: Fun clock;

2 0

ViewMore Hide

• Fun toy magnets

I am glad these come in a pair as they're very fun to play with when you have two of them. I think I'll get another two. If you like to hold things to your refridgerator, these are wonderful. They will hold most anything solidly.

Impression: fun toy;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Stong magnet

I liked these magnets--I got two. They are a good size in the hand and are very strong. I've had bad luck with 5mm thickness magnets, so the thinnest that I will buy are 10mm to avoid that.

Impression: Nice size;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Nice clean board

posted bywillmore on 08/23/2015

Pros: very inexpensive. Clean, well designed board. If you need a mega256 arduino, this is a good choice. Cons: Like many board claiming to be 'R3' compatable, this one doesn't use a 16U2 for the USBSerial adapter, so you'll need drivers and the... Read more

Impression: Very good;

1 0

ViewMore Hide

• The right chip for the right job

posted bywillmore on 08/23/2015

Pro: these seem to be genuine and they work Con: though the description says they're for the UNO, they did not come with a bootloader. If you can't program a bootloader, these aren't for you.

Impression: Useful;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Not just a replacement, it's an upgrade

posted bywillmore on 09/17/2014

I have a Yaesu VX-150R HT which I've had since they were new. The 700mAh battery that came with it has finally died--it won't hold a charge for long. So, it was time to replace it. After some consideration, I purchased this battery. It has 3 to 4... Read more

Impression: Happy;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• An accurate meter

posted bywillmore on 09/06/2014

I purchased this meter to replace another DX.com part http://www.dx.com/p/sj-dc028-va-2-in-1-digital-led-dual-color-display-voltage-ampere-meter-black-218645 which is a 3 digit meter of the same size. The wiring is slightly different and I had to... Read more

An accurate meter

Impression: Accurate!;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere