pcmihnea

45 87

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • A SMD MAX232 on a tiny board

posted bypcmihnea on 02/27/2014

As the title states, it's just an MAX232 package with the necessary capacitor on a small board the size of a coin. Useful for 2 lines (TX and RX) only. Easy to connect and use. Does not include a voltage regulator or any other sort of protection!... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Mandatory sensor for robotics projects

posted bypcmihnea on 12/06/2013

It's quite good that it's not based on special protocols like I2C or SPI, but standard TTL signals in a certain order: it has 2 power pins (GND and VCC), one input (Trigger) and one output (Echo). The sensibility, accuracy and resolution allows it... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cheapest Arduino-compatible board on DX!

As the title states, it is the cheapest one I could find. It has only the basic, minimal components required to work properly. Thus, you would need an TTL-compliant serial programmer (or an RS232-to-TTL), because the standard computer serial port... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• A tad smelly, but usefull

It's a 10-colored, 40-wire ribbon cable with duPont terminal at each end, making it a useful connector between different boards. It's easier (and maybe cheaper) to buy them than to buy the cable, metal connectors, plastic shield and possibly a to... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Interesting addition to my microcontroller sensors!

It's a smart triple axis digital accelerometer based on Freescale's MMA7660FC IC. It has a great output interface (I2C), so it's economical on pin count (2 data + 2 power). The accuracy is decent, depending on your application, but for small, The... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Unique gadget for my smartphone

Unfortunately, NFC technology is still unavailable to the masses (due to it's limited use only on higher-end smartphones), so few even are aware of the workings of such smart tag. Nonetheless, it's impressive when explained the principles of and a... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• My RPi looks better in this!

I've come to the point were I'm using my RPi permanently in a single environment (RDP client, USB server, c compiler, etc.), and I needed an enclosure that make's all the ports accessible. So I bought this and don't regret it. It is a very useful... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Just a bunch of resistors.

It's a pack of low power, decent accuracy resistors. Diverse selection of resistive value (if the value required isn't available, it can be obtained by different combination of parallel and serial connections). It may prove to be useful for (that... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cheapest SD card module on DX.

The principle of an SD card module couldn't be more trivial: it has an SD card socket's pins connected by resistors to the module pins (except the power pins, which has an 5V to 3.3V voltage stabilizer onboard, which can be bypassed by powering to... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• Non-standard headers

I've searched for a 2.0mm pitch (compared to standard 2.54mm) header for some time. I needed them for my mini-ITX motherboard's USB connectors, which were not the standard one. There isn't much to say, you can cut them to size (losing one row of... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere