DX » Community » Reviews » tonymcgregor's reviews

tonymcgregor

6 121

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • Worth adding to your component stock if you don't have something close.

posted bytonymcgregor on 07/14/2017

Mine tested at ~1mH (micro not, 1MH, of course). Other reviewers have noted the current rating is not continuous but that's common for inductors. Continuous DC rating is probably between 500mA (a random sample of mine happily absorbed that for to... Read more

Impression: good,Fair Price;

25 0

ViewMore Hide

• Good proce for a useful addition to the tool set

posted bytonymcgregor on 07/14/2017

If your current multimeter doesn’t measure capacitance and inductance this is a cheap upgrade to your tool set that will give you those measurements. A good (if basic) tool. Comes with English manual . Seems very robust and straight forward to The... Read more

Impression: good,Robust ;

28 0

ViewMore Hide

• Works well

posted bytonymcgregor on 07/06/2017

I've had one of these in service for a few months now and it's worked flawlessly.

Impression: good;

17 0

ViewMore Hide

• Great Switch Mode Regulator

posted bytonymcgregor on 07/01/2017

Works well. E.G. powering a remote RaspberryPi I used 12v to the Pi then this regulator to drop it down to 5v efficiently and without heat. Hard to build a linear regulator (at one off pricing) for what this will do much more effectively.

Impression: excellent;

26 0

ViewMore Hide

• Alternative Software

posted bytonymcgregor on 06/24/2017

Pros: Cheap. Serial. Back light. Arduino compatible with 3 or 4 control signals. Cons: Serial interface isn’t I2C or SPI. Fixed decimal point means digits aren't quite evenly spaced if the ** is off. I've written an alternative interface library I... Read more

Impression: Cheap basic serial interace f3.5 digit LCD ;

25 0

ViewMore Hide

• Cheap but keybounce needs to be allowed for

posted bytonymcgregor on 01/10/2017

Excellent price but contacts are VERY bouncy. A set of small capacitors (0.22uF) and resistors (10ohm) and some software debounce cleaned it up and it now works well. Adding this to the the board would be a big improvement.

Impression: Good value,needs care ful using;

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere